University of California
Contract: 6 Months – 2 Years
Employer: Bay Systems
Rate: Depends on Experience
University of California is in need for a versatile Project Manager that can assist on small as well as larger projects based in their Oakland California office. Work from home is possible after initial training.
- Create initial project plans.
- Work with executive sponsors and other key staff to identify and organize tasks, milestones, resource requirements, dependencies, and risk mitigation needs.
- Managing ongoing projects.
- Work with all people involved in a project to track progress against plan.
- Identify new information and properly handle it within the project plan.
- rack changes from original plan and their implications.
- Flag potential problems or issues that need to be raised to higher-level sponsors.
- Support/lead team in creating reporting as appropriate to the project.
- Software: Expert with Smartsheet or Basecamp or we are potentially open to other project management tools, competent with Google Suite, generally comfortable with standard office tech.
- Soft skills: Great, clear, comfortable, diplomatic communicator, able to "translate" between various stakeholders, quick learner, logical thinker, able to juggle multiple priorities, comfortable with working up and down an org chart.
- 5 years of project management experience which can include but should not be *only* IT/agile type projects - ideally would include other types of business projects ie business sytem investigation and replacement, research and program planning projects, implementation of longer-term plans, projects to identify possible plans and narrow them down, etc.
Work From Home, Flex Schedule:
Yes, definitely. But at first we would want someone around the office a fair amount and in general it should be someone that can easily come into our Oakland office as needed. But some amount of work from home and flex schedule should be fine as we go along.
Thank you for taking the time to read.