Bay Systems is a Government Contractor who specializes in Applied Sciences and Information Technology. We are seeking a Sr, level individual who has strong background or experience in Human Resources to join our Operations team. This role will report directly to the VP Operation Manager and provides operational and administrative support including strategic planning, executive assistants, and I-9 on boarding, new employee hiring, record keeping, and human resource talent acquisitions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:Health and Welfare Benefits:
• The key point of contact for employee benefits questions; providing benefits information and answering questions in a timely manner, resolve employee escalations.
• Assist the Operations Manager on health plans, practices and policies are compliant with applicable state and federal regulations, are cost effective and meet Bay Systems’ strategic goals.
• Manage the annual Open Enrollment process and communications
• Daily administration of employee benefits plans; coordinate enrollment meetings, monitoring Team Member benefits eligibility, and assist in on boarding and off boarding as it relates to benefits.
• Plan and coordinate benefits activities such as; wellness programs, benefits fairs, and other events as time permits.
• Maintain accuracy of benefit plan invoices and prepare for approval.
• Prepare employee communication materials related to benefits; open enrollment, wellness programs, etc.
• Develop and ensure performance reviews are completed in a timely manner before submitting to the CEO for review.
• Hold a training session for all new employees regarding benefits.
• Process and Review medical certifications supplied by healthcare providers for appropriate leave application.
• Oversee vacation and sick pay policies, including compliance with local ordinances.
• Ensure benefits for employees on LOA are appropriately transitioned, process enrollments/terminations, conduct premium, and enrollment audits respond to employee queries.
• Ensure employee data is updated timely, work with HR business partners to ensure accurate reporting.
• Create and distribute standardized reports, produce reports as needed.
• Payroll Assistance to the Operations Manager.
• Assist Management team to schedule client meetings and travel plans
• Bachelors or experience in a related field or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 – 15 years as HR/Payroll assistant
• Proficiency in Bull Horn, DocuSign, MS Office;
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and operate in an environment of frequently changing
• High attention to detail and customer service oriented.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Self-motivated and ability to work well within a fast paced environment with strict deadlines.
• Willing to work overtime as needed.
• Open to Business Travel.
• Take responsibility for the task assigned and complete them unsupervised
Familiar with daily reports such as ongoing status/payroll/timekeeping notifications - Monthly reports