Position: HR Assistant/ Compensation Assistant
Location: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA
Pay Rate: 30/hr Medical, dental, vision
Contract Length: 1 month with potential to become a permanent employee
The HR Assistant III’s essential responsibilities are supporting the Inter Location Appointment / Compensation Consultant in day-to-day process management and administration of the Multi-Location Appointment (MLA) program. Responsibilities include interaction with external and internal contacts, serving as the point of contact for general information and resolution of moderately complex issues. Other essential responsibilities include program management of policy compliance, providing ideas and suggestions for process improvement or enhancements.
The HR Assistant III works under the general supervision of the Compensation Manager, follows established procedures, rules and policies, and has work products reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy. Complex problem resolution is evaluated and escalated as needed.
Multi-location Appointments (MLA)
· Reviews ILA request package for completeness and follows up with appropriate parties for missing items, submits complete request package to ILA / Compensation Consultant for approval. Then prepares and submits MLA request to host institution.
· Follows up via phone and/or e-mail with host institutions on approval of UPAY 560-T forms, purchase order, and confirmation of billing contact information. Reviews details of MLA agreement and PO, against details of MLA request and follows up on any discrepancies.
· Enters MLA proposal into award system, issues award and necessary documentation such as confirmation letters, award notifications, etc., and distributes to appropriate parties.
· Reviews monthly ILA status report for expiring awards and contacts appropriate party for renewal status and as needed, renewal request package.
· Responds to questions on the MLA process. Researches and resolves issues, which may require working with various LBNL departments and external organizations.
· Prepares and maintains monthly reports on ILA workloads and divisional program usage.
· Creates and maintains database of host institution contacts, including creation and maintenance of individual ILA files.
· Ensure adherence and compliance to all applicable human resources and financial policies with regard to these appointments.
· Manage changes to the initial appointments between LBNL and the outside institution and informs relevant parties.
· Provide troubleshooting and reconciling payment guidance on moderately complex issues to Division and Accounts Receivable.
· Create and maintain a process desk reference to document the MLA process in eSRA.
· Track and rocess ePAFs for Administrative Stipends and posted promotions.
· Provide general compensation staff support including but not limited to data validation, data entry, and assisting with various compensation projects (awards program, executive compensation, annual merit cycle, etc.)
· Serve as compensation team office coordinator: distribute mail and filing; maintain and order forms and supplies; schedule and coordinate meetings. General administrative support to the Compensation group
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of 2 years of prior HR administrative work experience.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision to resolve complex assignments.
· Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities under tight timelines.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Advanced level computer skills using Peoplesoft (or other HRIS software), MS Word, Excel, Taleo (or other recruiting tracking software), electronic mail and calendar systems.
· Experience in HR processing, systems, staffing, recruitment, benefits, compensation, training, and administrative support.
· Ability to use good judgment and exercise discretion in carrying out duties related to confidential matters.
· Excellent customer services skills with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
· Ability to establish administrative and HR-related information tracking systems.
· Ability to do research on the internet.
· Demonstrated ability to perform as a team member.
· Ability to work overtime as needed.