Bay Systems San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Front-end Web UI Developer for Open MCT, Lunar Rover Mission Operations & Ground Data Systems (Software Engineer III)
Location: NASA Ames Research Center, Mountain View, CA
Remote: Work will be remote until eventually returning to the office. Candidate must live within commuting distance from NASA Ames Research Center, Mountain View, CA
Work authorization: Due to Federal contract, all candidates must be US citizens.
NASA, working with private industry, is planning our return to the Lunar Surface. For the first time since 1972, we are planning boots on the Moon. For the first time ever, we will conduct Lunar Polar explorations on the surface. These explorations will include both human and robotic missions. Join the team planning the Volatiles Investigating Polar Exploration Rover, or VIPER – the first robotic lunar polar surface exploration, at NASA in Silicon Valley.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to work on an open-source next-generation web-based mission control system. As a software developer on the Open MCT (Open Mission Control Technologies) project, you will be writing code to support our lunar efforts, adding capabilities to a codebase that is used daily in support of NASA’s interplanetary and Earth-observing spacecraft, and building new capabilities to support NASA’s upcoming lunar missions. Open MCT is an open-source project developed at NASA's Ames Research Center, in collaboration with the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and has a community of users and developers both within and outside of NASA.
You must be self-motivated and able to work independently. If you love space, that’s even better. This role is based at Ames Research Center but may require occasional travel to support users at other NASA centers around the United States.
· Take ownership of new components and functionality for the Open MCT platform. We are looking for developers who can proactively work with users to understand requirements and who can design, develop, and test new features that meet those requirements.
· Take part in team discussions about architecture and roadmap of the Open MCT platform
· Develop unit tests and periodically carry out functional testing as part of the development lifecycle
· Contribute to peer reviews of code (and be submitted to peer reviews of code)
- 4+ years of professional web development experience
- Experience with git, mercurial, or similar version control systems
- Demonstrated software development skills (should be able to show prior work or side projects).
- Experience with Vue.js
- Experience contributing to open-source projects.
- Experience designing, developing and documenting open-source APIs
- Prior experience with visualization of time series data.
- Experience with behavior-driven development including common testing frameworks and patterns (particularly Jasmine).
- Experience in spacecraft mission operations, and the processes and software associated with it.
- Experience writing client-server code for web development (particularly REST and WebSockets).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bay Systems is a Federal contractor for Aerospace & Defense and the University of California Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, we have an expanding client portfolio, including the Department of Defense, the Department of Energy, and NASA. Currently, we represent one of the fastest-growing enterprises in the Applied Sciences and information technology field. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.