Position Title:Customer Service Representative
Location:University of California, Office of the President – Oakland, Ca.
Pay Rate:$25.70/Hr. includes Medical; Dental; Vision Benefits
Employer: Bay Systems Consulting, Inc.
The University of California Office of the President is seeking a skilled customer service representative. The Customer Service Center is responsible for providing counseling, financial education and problem resolution to active, inactive, and retired University employees. It provides information on the opportunities available through participation in the various UC Benefit plans and explains how these may be integrated with an individual’s program. The incumbent will respond to questions, complaints and requests for information by employees, Benefit Representatives, retirees and survivors providing up to date, pertinent benefit information and by addressing tax and financial issues. The Unit also responds to annuitant inquiries and concerns regarding their UC group health insurance.
Under direction of the Manager, Customer Service, position has continuing University-wide responsibility for the interpretation and analysis of laws, rules and regulations affecting all aspects of benefit programs. Scope of knowledge includes UC Retirement Plan and its components: retirement, death, disability and survivor benefits; UC retirement options; the Tax-Deferred 403(b) Plan and Defined Contribution Plan Pre-Tax and After-Tax accounts, as well as other Savings Program investment opportunities. Position requires constant attention to changing Federal and State tax/benefit/pension legislation as well as University Benefit Programs policy and contract changes.
· Assesses customer's level of understanding; educates and influences customers to utilize available self-service support.
· Provide primary support by answering customer inquiries by researching policies and procedures, recommending self-help web sites, and guiding customers through steps used to arrive at solutions.
· Provide initial contact and support for customers dealing with sensitive and confidential information relating to benefits, payroll, academic personnel, leaves and HR issues.
· Provide customer support that generates a high level of customer satisfaction that can effectively move detractors to promoters by effective communication, knowledge and escalation to resolve issues.
· Communicate effectively (written or verbal) to best match customer style, needs, and level of understanding in creating optimal customer interaction.
· Communication style includes accurate and grammatically correct support based on channel (phone, email, case management).
· Perform staff research and resolve problems in response to customer inquiries.
· Participate in evaluation of services and products relating to advanced customer service response technology.
· Provide staff research, analysis, problem solving, written communications, and report preparation in response to internal programs inquiries.
· Must be able to work in a high volume call center environment.
· Able to provide benefit information to customers; employees.
· Physical and mental skills required involve good people skills and communication skills.
· Must be able to listen and communicate effectively with members.
· Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
· Skills to analyze information and learn to synthesize large amounts of data with strong attention to detail.
· Position requires basic PC skills and working knowledge of Word and Excel programs.