Request for Applications
Church Office Manager / Administrator
Bay Ridge Christian Church is looking for an office manager/administrative assistant who is an energetic, detail-oriented, and creative individual to serve the needs of our Bible-based, Christ-centered, caring community. The office manager will work for the Director of Operations. While primarily administrative in nature, the office manager also interacts with many of the ministry leaders and stakeholders of the church - the Media Director, the pastoral team, children’s ministry, church council, and Sunday Serve team. The right candidate will be warm and welcoming, dependable, and able to solve problems and think creatively.
Among the duties anticipated are the following:
1. Works closely with the DOO to ensure cohesive communication with staff and ministry leaders and teams;
2. Retrieve, sort, log, distribute and send mail;
3. Sort, forward, and reply to any and all emails received at the church email address;
4. Answer and forward phone calls;
5. Receive visitors;
6. Maintain the church calendar including weekly meetings of Connect Groups, all church events, meetings of the leadership and various ministries, etc…;
7. Communicate weekly with calendar reminders and updates to those involved in meetings and church service;
8. Assist with uploading event reminders, communications, teaching materials, and other information to MY BRCC as may be required by the pastoral staff and various ministry leaders;
9. Track, prepare, and send birthday, anniversary, and condolence cards to church members as may be required;
10. Support the work of the deacons relative to facilities use and maintenance, event preparation, implementation of security protocols, and other tasks as may be required;
11. Process requests by church members and outside groups to use BRCC facilities for meetings and other activities;
12. Coordinate with the Media Designer and members of the church to help design and post social media as may be needed on Facebook and Instagram;
13. Create and edit BRCC’s weekly newsletter, The B’Ridge;
14. Create and edit the church's weekly Discussion Guide email (requires learning some basic HTML coding);
15. Draft documents and correspondence for review by senior staff. Proof read any and all materials and communications that go out from the church office including mass emails, newsletters, and Sunday materials;
16. Management of electronic filing platform;
17. Office filing;
18. Process weekly tithes and offerings;
19. Prepare, record, and process weekly bank deposits;
20. Process Welcome Cards weekly;
21. Communicate with and support the work of the Media Designer concerning any issues relative to events, web updates, Welcome Booklet information, announcements, social media posts, etc…;
22. Coordinate at least weekly with the Sunday Serve team leader. Print and bind an adequate number of the Welcome Booklets and any other materials required for distribution in advance of all meetings;
23. Team leader to communicate any information that may be required by the Welcome Center relative to Connect Groups, events, youth group activities, etc…;
24. Reconcile Credit Card Statements monthly and send to CPA;
25. Assist in the maintenance of MY BRCC, our Church Community Builder interface;
26. Monitor, maintain, and procure office and event supplies;
27. Help keep office area organized, clean, and clutter-free;
28. Take notes in meetings and draft documents based on those notes for review;
29. Develop process flows and systems within the office and databases;
30. Other projects and tasks as may be assigned by BRCC’s Director of Operations.
Qualifications required for this job include the following:
1. Born-again believer in agreement with the BRCC Essential Statement of Faith (brcc.church/new-here/our-beliefs/);
2. High school graduate or college;
3. Demonstrated communication skills especially with respect to reading, writing, responsiveness, and timeliness;
4. Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as a reliable, cooperative, and pleasant team member;
5. Clerical or administrative experience preferred;
6. Interest in and a flare for creative design;
7. Familiarity with Apple software and products a plus;
8. Knowledge of general office machines and telephone systems;
9. High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
An ability to work with others with a cooperative spirit and happy disposition is key because you will likely be the first person people speak with or meet when they visit or work with Bay Ridge Christian Church.
Job Type: Part-time employee.
Salary: Based on qualifications
Working days: Monday through Friday, 10 am 3:30 pm.
If you are interested in this position, please go to BRCC.church/admin-position and follow the process for applying. A resume, references, and simple writing test will be required.