Bay Laurel Center CDD is recruiting associates to work within our Distribution & Collections field team. NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED. We are willing to train the right applicant.
If you are…
Customer Service Driven
…WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Retirement, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Personal Time and Longevity Bonus.
Employment inquiries will not be considered complete without a completed job application, apply on our website www.blccdd.com
• Performs all phases of construction, maintenance and repair of water and wastewater systems as required to ensure system reliability. May work in conjunction with other works or independently without direct supervision.
• Perform installation, repair or replacement of meter boxes and meters.
• Participates in the monthly reading of the water meters.
• Performs advanced mechanical and technical work on pressurized lines including testing newly constructed service lines.
• Installs, maintains and troubleshoots water and wastewater equipment such as backflow devices, fire hydrants, manholes, meter systems, valves, and other associated water and wastewater equipment.
• Performs basic water and sewer line installations and repairs and checks for low water pressure.
• Assist in troubleshooting lift stations and help make limited necessary electrical repairs.
• Assist in performing scheduled preventative maintenance and routine cleaning as required.
• Assist in repairs of water/wastewater treatment system equipment, machinery, and transmission/distribution/collection lines.
• Maintains accurate records of repairs and maintenance.
• Provides locates for water and sewer lines.
• May operate and maintain heavy construction equipment, including backhoes, cranes, fork lifts and other associated water and wastewater equipment.
• Responds to customer inquiries and complaints.
• Calibrates instruments as required by operating permit from DEP and Florida Administrative Code.
• Operates power tools and all necessary equipment involving painting and masonry work, as assigned.
• Involves possible exposure to toxic chemicals, fumes, or particles and/or blood, body fluids or tissues through contact with injured workers and collection system components.
• Participates in the selection, use and placement of traffic control and job site protection systems including non-entry rescue equipment, trench safety devices, ventilation systems, and materials handling equipment.
• Assists an operator, as required or instructed.
• Able to perform data entry into work orders or on a computer or tablet.
• Instructs and trains other personnel in safety and preventative and corrective maintenance.
• Works a rotating twenty-four hour, seven-day on-call shift for emergency coverage and may be called to assist with repairs to assist water and wastewater operators. Non-Essential Job Functions
• Performs general custodial work to keep work area clean and orderly.
• May assist in cross training of other plant and field personnel.
• Provides first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in emergency situations.
• Attends training and continuing education sessions.
• May be required to transport, mix, handle or use hazardous materials (other than cans of gasoline, batteries, pumping fuel or access to normal janitorial cleaning materials) or may be responsible for facilities or equipment carrying current, fluids or gas that could endanger the public or other employees.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
CUSTOMER SERVICE This is a front-line position for providing excellent customer service to members of the general public, third parties, and other District employees. Individuals are expected to be professional and courteous at all times. Service is provided in person or by phone contact.
SUPERVISION This position is to report directly to the Distribution & Collections Manager. This position has no supervisory responsibility at entry level. Individuals classified as a higher operator level may be requested in the absence of the previous stated manager to fill in and help achieve the District’s goals in daily operations and incur supervisory responsibilities. Provides continual work guidance, review of work product, and resolution of work problems.
Full Job Description: http://blccdd.com/pdf/2019/jobs/Distribution-Collections-10-2018.pdf
To Apply Online: https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/cd3b5U2of5x0CswG
Bay Laurel Center CDD
Why Work Here?
Growing company with great Management, benefits and room for growth for career driven individuals!