Bay Community Support Services (Bay-CSS) is a leader of services to people with disabilities throughout Central and Southern Maryland. Our services promote the ability of people with varying abilities, ages and life situations to live and work successfully in their communities.
Bay Community Support Services is searching for a Savvy Accounting Clerk to work in our Annapolis office. Successful candidates will have excellent customer service and must be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
General Purpose of the Job:
Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. Responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that finances are accurate and up to date and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
Some duties include:
- Open, stamp and distribute mail.
- Maintain client financial records. Includes client checks and billing.
- Be organized and work independently.
- Do errands out of office using own vehicle when necessary.
- Assist in keeping the office clean and neat.
- Assist with fundraising projects as needed.
- Assist with entering attendance into the state of MD system.
- Filing as needed.
- Process AP and AR.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal. Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, over the phone and in person.
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Able to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Experience using Mas 90 helpful.
- Experience processing accounts payables and receivables.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, life, STD, PTO, FSA and an EAP program.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements and complete our online application.
Applications and details about Bay-CSS can be found at www.baycss.org.