The National Account Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining large enterprise clients that have a national presence. There will be a high level of interaction with C-Level Suite Executives, division managers, and/or plant managers on a daily basis. The position will be based in Cleveland and the ideal candidate will already live there (relocation will be considered for the right candidate).
You will develop new National Accounts and expand existing National Accounts for our Enterprise customers nationwide. You must be capable of presenting a differentiated methodology that develops true business value for our customers. You have the ability to create or provide relevant market information, sales and marketing strategies, account planning, and relationship development to drive new sales opportunities with potential and existing customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of both assigned accounts and new opportunities by maintaining both sales activity and relevant customer information
- Review account activities and performance with existing customers to identify any positive/negative challenges to the account
- Identify any operational issues that might or have arisen and resolve them with the appropriate internal teams
- Develop and implement new and existing sales strategies to grow & expand opportunities within current customer base
- Develop target list and strategy for hunting new customers and markets within the business plan
- Provide effective and differentiated sales presentation to prospective customers
- Work with the assigned IT and Operations Teams to identify system design and delivery strategy
- Work to complete site surveys for National Account customers. Work with affiliate partners to develop rapport with local customer contacts
- Responsible for all areas of the customer relationship as the single point of contact for all customer needs. Work with the appropriate internal team members to resolve any problems (invoices, service, access, monitoring, etc.).
- Evaluate and complete RFI and RFP requests, utilizing resources within the organization as needed
- A considerable amount of travel is required for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field of study or 5 years’ related combination of experience and education in lieu of degree
- 5+ years B2B sales experience with a long and complex sales cycle; with 3 years specifically in the electronic security with a significant understanding of the information technology industry
- Experience with networking and integrated solutions
- Experience managing large complex projects
- Understanding business processes and articulating value and ROI
- Experience reading and understanding architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents
- Demonstrate computer skills, utilizing MS Office (with an emphasis on Excel and Outlook, Customer Relationship Management systems and social media platforms