Bay Cities, an Employee Owned Company, is the leading creative packaging and display partner to brand marketers, retailers and e-commerce. Our passion, experience, technology and consumer insights move product and drive sales.
Our Passion Powers Your Product
Creativity: Our ideas create Client success.
Passion: We have heart with a Customer Service attitude.
Integrity: We honor our business & planet with sustainable practices.
Responsible: We own it!
Safe: Our safe work habits protect us all.
Fun: We take our work seriously- not ourselves J
The Purchasing Agent researches and orders materials, supplies, and/or equipment, and follows up with vendors on shipment and delivery. The Purchasing Agent negotiates on behalf of the Company to attain the most cost-effective products and/or services. The Purchasing Agent assists in selecting vendors and places orders based on business requirements; monitors system to maintain inventory levels and availability; and resolves issues related to inventory returns, replacement, and credit arrangement.
- Executes purchasing directives including sourcing, purchase order entry, and vendor monitoring.
- Sources and communicates with vendors and suppliers on pricing, availability, and terms of sale.
- Monitors product/supply levels and determines order requirements.
- Collects requisitions from Sales, Design, and Operations teams and prepares and processes purchase orders to vendors.
- Develops strong vendor relations.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered, resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Evaluates available supply channels to increase product value and reduces production cost.
- Negotiates pricing with outside vendors.
- Identify components and/or services with long lead times for planning
- Analyzes and assesses demand for production projects.
- Logs and records and purchasing orders.
- Keeps information organized and accessible.
- Maintains and develops price comparisons for cost integrity.
- Effectively communicates across all levels of the organization.
- Establishes second or alternative sources for critical materials.
- Actively manages and runs the open purchase order report daily and follows up on incoming order due dates to ensure required delivery dates will be met by suppliers.
- Tracks shipments from suppliers and contacts parcel/freight companies as required for current shipment status.
- Confirms receipt of purchase orders with suppliers, and reviews suppliers’ order confirmations to ensure pricing and delivery information matches purchase order details; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Coordinates with Purchasing Manager and the Production team on emergency “farm-out” manufacturing orders.
- Initiates and processes Non-Conformance/Corrective Action reports for supplier quality and/or delivery discrepancies.
- Works with the Client Service team on art approvals for label productions.
- Works with all teams within the organization.
- Maintains confidential and proprietary information, per company policy.
- Develops and maintains a strong and positive relationship with suppliers, vendors, and internal customers.
- Performs other duties as required by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required. Associates Degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping, or other related field, or two years related experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in Purchasing or customer service type role in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and to efficiently produce accurate and timely work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to correspond with vendors, customers, and managers.
- Extensive knowledge of organizational skills and office practices.
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft Office Software, especially MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer focus and work ethic of seeking continual improvement.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Valid Driver's License with DMV evidence of good driving record.
- High ethical standards. Models and supports organization’s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Consistently conducts themselves in an honest and trustworthy manner. Does not pursue their own individual objectives to the detriment of company goals. Sets an example for others to follow. Does the right thing.
- Demonstrates energy and passion about what they do and knows how to balance work and fun. Is generally optimistic and upbeat; fun to be around. Has a strong belief and zeal for the industry, the job, and the company. Conveys energy and intensity at work with a capacity for keeping others enthusiastic and involved.
- Operates with a customer service orientation internally and externally. Works to positively build the Bay Cities brand in everything he/she does. Builds strong, positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Acts as an owner of the business and instills that same attitude and level of action in others. Is proactive in taking responsibility for all outcomes/results and avoids ‘pointing fingers’. Helps to create and maintain a strong feeling of belonging in the immediate and overall team.
- Regularly involves others in decisions that affect their job or work environment. Demonstrates co-operation and trust with colleagues and teams across organizational boundaries. Participates as a team player and establishes strong working relationships to deliver positive results.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation. Uses time effectively, prioritizes and organizes work flow; can orchestrate multiple activities at once. Agility and personal adaptability with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and external. Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee – all require proper identification and documentation).
- Minimum local travel required.
- Physical and Environmental Requirements: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- Work environment includes front-office and manufacturing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks, drug screen, and physical examination prior to employment.
Bay Cities Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
We are the premier designers and manufacturers of packaging and displays.
Passion: We have heart with a servant attitude.
Creativity: Our mind blowing ideas create Client success.
Integrity: We honor our business & our planet with sustainable practices.
Responsibility: We own it!
Safety: Our safe work habits protect us all.
Fun: We take our work seriously- not ourselves :-)
Bay Cities Corporation
Why Work Here?Bay Cities, an employee-owned company, is a manufacturer & designer of point-of- purchase displays, retail packaging, in-store signage, industrial packaging & digital printing. We are B2B and provide insight & expertise for every phase of the process from design to retail placement. Our Mission We are the premier designers and manufacturers of packaging and displays. Our Values Passion: We have heart with a servant attitude. Creativity: Our mind blowing ideas create Client success. Integrity: We honor our business & our planet with sustainable practices. Responsibility: We own it! Safety: Our safe work habits protect us all. Fun: We take our work seriously- not ourselves :-)
Employee Owned Company with Awesome benefits and a Great team environment