The Sales Project Manager Supervisor supports revenue growth by working in conjunction with sales representatives on specific strategies and activities. Gathers customer requirements and ensure success for the client from product inception to delivery, this includes communication between the client and internal teams throughout entire product lifecycle. Manages the Sales Project Manager Team. This position requires excellent organizational skills and will interact with sales, operations, design, and all levels of management.
JOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE
- Oversees planning efforts for customer visits, sales training events and Sales Meetings
- Assists the sales team with developing sales forecasts; Assists with customer meetings and sales calls
- Performs supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring & training employees; planning, assigning & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems
- Ensures all projects stay on track and meet established deadlines. Serves as the primary point of escalation for all project-related issues.
- Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and/or resolves the problem.
- Sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors team progress towards goals, and tracks and oversees details/data / information/activities.
- Assesses situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and collaborates with Sales to make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Maintains strong communication lines with sales team, operations team, and or clients regarding all programs within team.
- Builds and maintains relationships with sales force to understand and serve their needs as a first-line of support on all leads, systems, and applications.
- Supports driving sales growth and revenue with new and existing customers through generation of leads and various prospecting activities.
- Proactively and thoroughly researches matters relating to account assignments, contracts, opportunities/quotes, booking transactions, and/or accounts receivables.
- Serves as a liaison and coordinates processes to involve relevant members of sales, marketing, design, operations and the sales team
- Focuses on driving process improvement initiatives that will enhance productivity and efficiency
- Trains staff on effectively using software tools such as CRM to track projects internally
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree, strongly preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in a sales/customer service & project management capacity desirable.
- Experience in the corrugated, display or packaging industry a plus.
- Strong understanding of direct/database marketing and analytics.
- Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and CRM tools. Visio and Publisher, a plus.
- Strong typing skills and proficiency in English, grammar, and proofreading skills to ensure quick and accurate data entry.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of company and customer records.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities across the organization.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Strong internal customer service skills; ability to respond in a prompt, polite and efficient manner.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Valid Driver's License with DMV evidence of good driving record and reliable transportation.
- We employ all persons who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. (U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee- all require proper identification and documentation).
- Occasional travel.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 - 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- Work environment includes front-office and occasional visits to manufacturing facilities. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pre-Employment Verification: Must pass background and reference checks, drug screen, and physical examination prior to employment.