*This is a temp to potential hire opportunity*
The Design Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Structural and Graphics Managers as well as the Sales, Customer Service Representatives, and the Project Management teams to ensure that all design projects are meeting design process milestones and due dates. The role will also ensure all required customer generated design elements and information have been provided to the Design Teams in accordance to the design schedule.
- Coordinates incoming Design projects.
- Manages design processes including all requirements, due dates and workflows.
- Ensures that all project assets and information has been provided to internal teams.
- Ensures that all requirement dates have been kept current and assigned by the Sales, Customer Service and Project Management teams in a realistic time frame.
- Manages and reports all design timeline metrics to appropriate personnel.
- Exports relevant data and creates reports.
- Works closely with the Structure and Graphics Managers.
- Anticipates any issues that may affect the production timeline.
- Communicates with and directs outside vendors based on set timelines (Litho, ISTA, VacForm).
- Tracks special projects as needed.
- Embraces changes and revisions as part of the design process.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects
- Assigns projects in the absence of Managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-3 years of relevant work experience in lieu of.
- Experience with Windows OS, Microsoft Office, WebCenter is a plus.
- May work unusual or extended hours as required.
- Superb communication abilities, constructive attitude, assertiveness, and team commitment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Obtains a strong attention to detail and is process oriented.
- POP and Packaging experience a plus.
- Valid Driver's License with DMV evidence of good driving record.
- Prior Professional Experience in Project Management, Design Environment, Corrugate Industry is a plus.
- High ethical standards. Models and supports organization’s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Consistently conducts themselves in an honest and trustworthy manner. Does not pursue their own individual objectives to the detriment of company goals. Sets an example for others to follow. Does the right thing.
- Demonstrates energy and passion about what they do and knows how to balance work and fun. Is generally optimistic and upbeat; fun to be around. Has a strong belief and zeal for the industry, the job, and the company. Conveys energy and intensity at work with a capacity for keeping others enthusiastic and involved
- Operates with a customer service orientation internally and externally. Works to positively build the Bay Cities brand in everything he/she does. Builds strong, positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Acts as an owner of the business and instills that same attitude and level of action in others. Is proactive in taking responsibility for all outcomes/results and avoids ‘pointing fingers’. Helps to create and maintain a strong feeling of belonging in the immediate and overall team.
- Regularly involves others in decisions that affect their job or work environment. Demonstrates co-operation and trust with colleagues and teams across organizational boundaries. Participates as a team player and establishes strong working relationships to deliver positive results.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation. Uses time effectively, prioritizes and organizes work flow; can orchestrate multiple activities at once. Agility and personal adaptability with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and external. Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee – all require proper identification and documentation).
- Up to 10% local travel.
- Physical and Environmental Requirements: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- Work environment includes front-office and manufacturing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks, drug screen, and physical examination prior to employment.
Bay Cities Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
We are the premier designers and manufacturers of packaging and displays.
Passion: We have heart with a servant attitude.
Creativity: Our mind blowing ideas create Client success.
Integrity: We honor our business & our planet with sustainable practices.
Responsibility: We own it!
Safety: Our safe work habits protect us all.
Fun: We take our work seriously- not ourselves :-)
Bay Cities Corporation