The Bentonville 3D Graphic Design Director is responsible for positioning Bay Cities creative expertise and design services to support new and existing clients. Responsibilities include leading a team of dynamic, creative 3D designers, establishing high quality standards for design, providing a high level of customer satisfaction, and serving as a communication link between sales, project management and the design team members. In addition, you will engage with the sales team and their clients in forward thinking design discussions that solve strategic challenges.
- Leads 3D Design Team
- Develops visually stimulating 3D renderings of point-of-purchase displays (temporary and permanent) and packaging concepts for products utilizing any type of material that is suitable for the project.
- Meets with sales representatives to present and recommend design solutions that meet customer requirements for sizing, styling, costing, and production deadlines.
- Prepares specs, sample layouts, exploded view drawings, instructional sheets, renderings, and graphical enhancements for customer displays.
- Prepares mock-up samples and past-up work for packaging presentations.
- Obtains pertinent information for outside materials to facilitate purchasing with expedition of quotes and screening of best possible outside vendor for non-corrugated material.
- Creates timeline and oversees project progress.
- Performs quality control. Inspects prototype and 1st article before presenting to customer for sign off.
- Assists in qualifying of new vendors.
- Researches and finds new processes and materials.
- Acts as a backup for other designers.
- Assists, as needed, in testing various products.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Design Lead experience preferred
- College degree in Design, Package Engineering/Packaging Science or Industrial Design from an accredited institution.
- Must be proficient in Artios CAD software, Adobe CS. Experience with TOPS design and palletization software.
- Considerable experience in P.O.P. design and packaging, preferably within a corrugated manufacturing environment. Minimum 3-5 years’ experience.
- Proficient in Strata or Studio 3D Max and 3D Rendering protocols for the Packaging and Display Markets.
- Experience in operating sample table cutting devices (i.e. Kongsberg tables).
- Highly Creative in Concepts, Solution Providing and Client Support/ Education.
- Must be able to present concepts, ideas and sample internally and in client settings.
- Design specialties and creative execution must meet manufacturing specifications and budgets.
- Experience with Packaging Testing Experience – ISTA., a plus
- Work extended hours as required.
- Valid Driver's License with DMV evidence of good driving record.
- Must provide a PDF attachment of your portfolio or provide a link to an online portfolio.
- High ethical standards. Models and supports organization’s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Consistently conducts themselves in an honest and trustworthy manner. Does not pursue their own individual objectives to the detriment of company goals. Sets an example for others to follow. Does the right thing.
- Demonstrates energy and passion about what they do and knows how to balance work and fun. Is generally optimistic and upbeat; fun to be around. Has a strong belief and zeal for the industry, the job, and the company. Conveys energy and intensity at work with a capacity for keeping others enthusiastic and involved.
- Operates with a customer service orientation internally and externally. Works to positively build the Bay Cities brand in everything he/she does. Builds strong, positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Acts as an owner of the business and instills that same attitude and level of action in others. Is proactive in taking responsibility for all outcomes/results and avoids ‘pointing fingers’. Helps to create and maintain a strong feeling of belonging in the immediate and overall team.
- Regularly involves others in decisions that affect their job or work environment. Demonstrates co-operation and trust with colleagues and teams across organizational boundaries. Participates as a team player and establishes strong working relationships to deliver positive results.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation. Uses time effectively, prioritizes and organizes work flow; can orchestrate multiple activities at once. Agility and personal adaptability with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and external. Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee – all require proper identification and documentation).
- Minimal local travel required.
- Physical and Environmental Requirements: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- Work environment includes front-office and manufacturing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks, drug screen, and physical examination prior to employment.
- Bay Cities Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
We are the premier designers and manufacturers of packaging and displays.
Passion: We have heart with a servant attitude.
Creativity: Our mind blowing ideas create Client success.
Integrity: We honor our business & our planet with sustainable practices.
Responsibility: We own it!
Safety: Our safe work habits protect us all.
Fun: We take our work seriously- not ourselves :-)
Bay Cities Corporation