IT Desktop Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IT Desktop Engineer
Bay Area Traffic Solutions Inc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range: $32 - $35.50 per hour, In Office (not a remote position)
At Bay Area Traffic Solutions, we value your hard work, and we believe you deserve a high-quality, comprehensive benefit program. Our benefits program reflects our concern for our employees and their families, as well as our commitment to provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. All regular, full-time employees enjoy the following benefits:
Health and Wellness: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program
Life Planning: Life Insurance and AD&D Plans, 401(k) Plan (with employer match)
Additional Employee Programs: Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D, Voluntary Dependent Life Insurance, Employee Referral Program
Other Benefits: Vacation, Sick Pay and Paid Holidays
We are a well-established, growing company in Fremont, CA. At B.A.T.S, our goal is to provide high quality safety traffic control services to contractor's work areas. We serve the needs of varied industries and are concerned with maintaining a safe work environment for the contractor's crew, our employees and the public. We are confident that our skilled and experienced employees will achieve just that.
The IT Desktop Support Engineer is a mid-level role to assist the IT Manager with systems support, administration, deployment, and maintenance within our locations in Fremont, Martinez, Fresno and Sacramento. Must have excellent problem-solving skills, proven ability to take ownership of the work assigned, and deliver timely results reliably and correctly with an emphasis on attention to detail. Candidate must be able to think critically when dealing with all system admin/desktop related issues. The candidate will assist the team in guiding our day-to-day company technology needs and help to deploy, manage, and maintain tech infrastructure such as desktop/mobile computing platforms, data storage platforms, messaging and collaboration, Active Directory / Windows Servers, mdm application and data networks. The candidate will be involved in securing infrastructure and providing system high availability and performance across the company. This role handles general IT desktop requests as well as participates in infrastructure and application deployment and upgrade projects. This is a full-time position, reporting to the IT Manager.
- Providing timely and considerate on-site and remote support for all IT systems (desktops, laptops, servers, printers, cell phones) across four physical sites by leveraging remote management software and internal tools.
- Being responsible for server maintenance and updates, including patch management, performance monitoring, and hardware maintenance.
- Troubleshooting current Microsoft operating systems, servers and workstation; Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and Word).
- Active Directory (GPOs), O365/ Exchange support, SharePoint support.
- Report and resolve issues as they arise and escalate as necessary.
- Providing support for organization’s network including LAN, WAN, and WLAN.
- Manage and deploy mobile phones tablets via MDM.
- Providing support for IP phone messaging system, voicemail, and electronic fax.
- Work with vendors under IT Manager supervision to procure and install/integrate services such as ISP, voice/data service, mobile service.
- Configure, maintain, audit authentication systems.
- Monitor health of internal Backups systems and adjust / resolve as necessary.
- Creating user accounts and managing access control in accordance with company policies.
- Providing support after office working hours when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE AMAZING AT B.A.T.S:
- Associate Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems is preferred and/or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory including O365/ Exchange.
- 2- 4 years' experience working in a fast paced and dynamic but VERY customer focused IT Helpdesk environment
- Troubleshoot to resolution Windows 7/8.1/10, Mac OSX, Microsoft Office 365, and other internal application software issues as assigned.
- Complete desktop/mobile and telecom related projects as assigned (e.g., software or hardware deployments, office moves, IT license audits, etc.)
- A successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task. It is imperative that the candidate can work with users of all ranges of knowledge and seniority as well as an ability to work independently
- Exceptional customer service orientation is required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Preferred Not Required:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems is preferred and/or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- Technology certifications preferred (CompTIA A+, ACMT, MCSA or equivalent).
- VMWare AirWatch.
- Intel based Mac OSX hardware/software support.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. In addition to our competitive wages, we provide the opportunity to become a critical part of the growth of our organization. If you are ready to challenge yourself, please reply to this post with your resume and salary history.
Employment is contingent upon new employees verifying legal authorization to work in the United States, successfully passing criminal and drug screening.
Bay Area Traffic Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at Bay Area Traffic Solutions