- Posted: over a month ago
- $90,000 to $120,000 Yearly
Job Type: Full-time - In Office (not a remote position)
Pay Rate: $90K - $120K per year
Bay Area Traffic Solutions Inc.
We are a well-established and growing company. Our headquarters are in Fremont, CA. We have multiple locations, and we service Northern California.
At B.A.T.S, we provide high quality traffic control safety services to construction job sites, such as Flagging traffic through a work site, Lane Closures to divert traffic, or Detouring traffic to reduce traffic congestion and prevent accidents.
We serve the needs of varied industries and are focused on maintaining a safe work environment for the construction crew, our employees, and the general public. We focus on Safety, so everyone can get to their destination safely.
At Bay Area Traffic Solutions, we value your hard work, and we believe you deserve a high-quality, comprehensive benefit program. Our benefits program reflects our concern for our employees and their families, as well as our commitment to provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. All regular, full-time employees enjoy the following benefits:
Health and Wellness: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program
Life Planning: Life Insurance and AD&D Plans, 401(k) Plan (with employer match)
Additional Employee Programs: Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D, Voluntary Dependent Life Insurance, Employee Referral Program
Other Benefits: Vacation, Sick Pay and Paid Holidays
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Accounting Manager is a working leader and will be expected to perform hands-on work, not just reviewing the work of others. Will be responsible for the areas of GL Accounting, Month End Close Process, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and finance reporting. Department consists of managers, leads, and clerk level employees. The position reports to Corporate Controller.
Areas of responsibility include, but not limited to:
- General Ledger, journal entries, month-end close process, account reconciliations for 4 separate entities, prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Billing, A/R, Cash Applications, and Credit/Collections (order-to-cash process).
- Manage Accounts Payable.
- Monthly accounting/financial reporting.
- Fixed Asset accounting and tracking.
- Sales and Use Taxes.
- Treasury and cash flow management. Interact with banking relationships on both operating accounts and lending facilities, assist with monthly covenant compliance reporting with creditors, and oversee and advise on cash flow matters.
- Manage all audits including but not limited to payroll, taxes, insurance, union, and lender covenant/compliance audits.
- Assist in Income Taxes preparation work as requested by outside 3rd party.
- Responsible for all financial systems and accounting controls within area of responsibility.
- Special Projects as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Accounting designation – CPA highly desired
- Minimum 7 years’ combined experience on accounting, finance, and payroll with 2 years management experience. Construction industry or professional services industry experience desired.
- Impeccable character and honesty.
- Business minded and customer focused.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to lead cross-functional team projects to improve processes. Project management experience, desired. E.g., system implementations, process streamlining projects…
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Able to prioritize and get tasks done.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented. Proven ability to establish goals and meet them. Someone who thinks about what is needed for the future, not just reacts to today.
- Ability to work closely with and inspire trust from the senior management team. Good presentation skills.
- Able to lead, coach and train others. Demonstrated ability to lift those around you to the next level. “We” not “Me” attitude. Demonstrated ability to establish and manage KPIs.
- Proven ability to create and maintain policies and procedures (SOPs).
- Systems experience: MS Office Suite, must have very strong Excel skills. ERP system experience, required. Sage Intacct system experience a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In addition to our competitive wages, we provide the opportunity to become a critical part of the growth of our organization. If you are ready to challenge yourself, please reply to this post with your resume and salary history.
Employment is contingent upon new employees verifying legal permission to work in the United States, successfully passing criminal and drug screening.
Bay Area Traffic Solutions
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Bay Area Traffic Solutions