- Provide supportive, individualized and confidential therapy to individuals, couples, families and groups.
- Intake, assessment, treatment planning, termination / discharge responsibilities
- Maintain timely and accurate records / scheduling using an electronic healthcare system
- Engage in collaborative coordination of care with clients and support staff as needed, including collateral communication with psychiatrists, etc.
- Attend clinical staff meetings and work as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team making decisions and recommendations regarding client care
- Maintain all legal and ethical requirements of the profession
- Be flexible and receptive to change as we are an expanding and growing agency
- Other duties as determined necessary
Benefits of Employment with Bay Area Mental Health:
- Working with talented and dedicated therapists in a supportive, team oriented environment
- Regular consultation and training
- We provide the clients so you can focus on your clinical work
- Independent working environment with limited meetings and business duties
- Paid sick time
- Medical benefits
- Retirement plan
- Training stipend
- W2 position
- Licensed in CA (LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, PhD, PsyD)
- Training and experience in treating trauma
- Proficient in using Google Docs and ability to use (or learn) an electronic healthcare system
- Motivated, hard-working, enthusiastic professional with the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Must currently not be working in a private practice
- Available to see a minimum of 15 clients per week, plus some minimal admin duties
- Experience in Community Mental Health setting
- Training and experience with DBT
- Experience working with couples
- Trained in treating substance abuse
- Training in EMDR
- Experience running group therapy
In a perfect world you will have training in treating trauma, experience in couples and family therapy, and be trained in DBT. Bonus points for EMDR and substance abuse training. That's a lot to ask and we are realists. We are looking for a minimum of 2 of these criteria, and ultimately are committed to bringing talented people on board. Even though we are looking for a licensed therapist, we may consider a pre-licensed therapist with the right experience and attitude.
One last thing... You must be available on Thursday and Saturday to see clients, and on Friday for staff meetings and consultation.