NSRC Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Please read through the description carefully
BAER Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you have a disability that requires accommodation, please contact Samantha McCarthy, at email@example.com.
The National Suborbital Research Center (NSRC) provides engineering and data systems support enabling research within the NASA Airborne Science fleet. Our data systems provide a common interface to the onboard networking, data recording, telemetry and situational awareness tools that make many large, modern airborne field campaigns possible. We’re looking for a flexible, motivated individual to help maintain and grow our capabilities, as well as participate directly in the support of research activities.
The Senior Software Engineer will work with a small team to build software in support of science aircraft operations. Supported software includes real-time data acquisition, communication, data processing and situational awareness display tools running on embedded linux systems.
When required, the Senior Software Engineer will also provide direct support to system operations:
- Assisting customers with integration to NSRC systems.
- Supporting systems aboard NASA Aircraft, including flying aboard research aircraft when required.
- Staffing of field campaigns.
Up to 25% travel required. Specific travel schedule and locations vary.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in computer science, a physical science, engineering, or information systems.
- Must have a software development background.
- Proficiency with Linux and Linux Systems administration.
- Familiar with basic networking technologies and diagnostic tools.
- Familiar with standard network services, including HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NTP and SSH.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of coworkers and clientele.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to obtain a US Passport and Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass a flight physical.
- Must be able to pass a federal background check.
- Must be able to fly aboard a research aircraft for up to 12 hours.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Experience with DevOps tools and techniques, esp Ansible.
Bay Area Environmental Research Institute
AddressMountain View, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Bay Area Environmental Research Institute