Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Posted: 20 days ago
- $66,000 to $74,000 Yearly
The Bay Area Discovery Museum (BADM) seeks an Executive Assistant to the CEO. With proven project management, organization, and decision-making skills, the position provides administrative and project management support to the CEO and is the main administrative liaison and support for Bay Area Discovery Museum’s Board of Trustees.
This is a great time to join BADM as we embark on execution of our new strategic plan Lead With Joy and head into the next phase of our multi-year DEAI work at staff and Board levels.
Successful candidates for this position must have proven experience supporting executive-level roles, managing multiple calendars and projects with successful results. This position requires someone with keen attention to detail in both communication and organization. As the main conduit to the CEO and Board of Trustees, the Executive Assistant will convey a professional and welcoming demeanor, serving as a positive representative of the Museum and the office of the CEO with diverse stakeholders.
This position pays a range of $66,000 to $74,000/year, depending on applicable experience. This is a full-time position, working a Monday – Friday schedule. This position will work onsite three days per week, with an option to work remotely two days per week. All BADM positions require proof of up-to-date COVID vaccination.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative support to the CEO and Leadership Team, including correspondence, communication, filing, document organization and archiving, expense report preparation, travel arrangements, research, and presentation and meeting preparation.
- Manages complex calendars and schedules for CEO and designated leadership staff. Acts as first contact for CEO’s schedule and office.
- Working with the CEO and Board President, provides administrative and planning support for all Board related meetings, Committees, and events including planning and attending Board meetings, drafting and distributing agendas, preparing Board meeting presentations and minutes, preparing and archiving all Board-related documents, and coordinating miscellaneous Board resources such as the Handbook and shared file site. Provides general support to Board and Committee members for meetings and other events.
- Prepares, monitors, and reconciles Executive Office budget, in consultation with the CEO.
- Plans on and off-site meetings, lunches, and celebrations - including All Staff meetings, Board Meetings and retreats, and Museum holiday celebrations. Coordinates all logistics including procurement and setup of meeting spaces and AV needs, catering, and schedules with other departments for CEO and Board driven events.
- Conducts research and provides project management support at the direction of the CEO for special projects such as fundraising, partner reporting, proposal development, staffing, and other strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates communications related to key institutional memberships (i.e., American Alliance of Museums, California Association of Museums, Association of Children’s Museums, etc.).
- Performs general administrative support including mail distribution and database updates.
Additional duties as assigned.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of related professional experience providing executive-level support for senior staff is required. Successful track record organizing, prioritizing, and managing multiple tasks, sometimes under time pressure, with excellent results.
- Strong calendar management experience, directing and overseeing multiple schedules and calendars.
- Professional commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion; thoughtful and open about the role of a workplace and a cultural institution in creating a sense of welcome and belonging for staff and visitors.
- Project Management skills are a must. Ability to prioritize and balance several work streams at a time. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, including writing, copy-editing, and proofreading skills.
- Superior computer skills, including MS Outlook 365, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn and use new systems and technology quickly, including Altru and virtual meeting technologies. Ability to liaise with technical support staff to solve problems.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including superior interpersonal skills. Demonstrated skill in being a positive representative of an organization and the office of the CEO with diverse stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to contribute effectively to the efforts of a high-energy, high-performance team of professionals committed to realizing the mission of the Museum. Experience with non-profit organizations a plus.
- Ability to work at least one customer-facing work shift onsite per quarter, including facilitation at special events.
- Abides by and enforces BADM’s health and safety protocols.
Whether at the Museum, online, or in the community, BADM provides experiences that spark children’s natural curiosity for the world around them, while building their creative problem-solving skills and STEM content knowledge. Both on-site and off-site, BADM facilitates research-backed learning experiences that are fun and engaging for children and families. At our one-of-a-kind location at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, this includes hands-on exhibits, rich STEM and art programming, an on-site preschool, and camps and classes. Off-site, our museum educators bring hands-on STEM programming to students and families at schools and libraries in all nine Bay Area counties.
Bay Area Discovery Museum
BusinessView all jobs at Bay Area Discovery Museum