Around the world, our employees are united by our mission to save and sustain lives. Together, we create a culture that encourages colleagues to pursue rewarding careers -- where everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work as a part of a team they respect, in an environment that values each person's contributions. We're happy you're interested in continuing your career journey with Baxter.
Labeling Graphic Designer
Successfully support the Labeling Operations Project Leaders to drive product labeling through the labeling and change control processes. Create and consolidate redlines for artwork and specifications, prepare and manage translations, create or review labeling artwork utilizing graphic design software, perform proofreading, and perform data entry. Demonstrate ownership of deliverables. Provide expertise in the preparation of product labeling, product configuration, change control, and labeling processes and systems. Participate on project teams on an as needed basis. Work independently with minimal supervision while handling multiple projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Labeling Project Coordinator:
- Obtain inputs from Project Leader to create technically accurate, consolidated redline(s), that reflect all changes to labeling artwork and labeling specifications.
- Collaborate with global cross-functional team to resolve redline issues.
- Ensure labeling redlines are compliant with drawings, die lines, blueprints, templates, and Corporate Identity guidelines.
- Prepare and manage language translations including preparing translation inputs, obtaining translations, facilitating reviews, and obtaining and managing approvals.
- Perform technical review of labeling specifications to ensure compliance to formatting, manufacturing and printing requirements.
- Utilize/develop existing templates, die lines, or artwork to create or revise technically accurate labeling artwork based on redlines, drawings/blueprints, regulatory requirements, and printing/manufacturing requirements.
- Perform technical reviews of labeling artwork and troubleshoot issues while meeting regulatory, quality, manufacturing and printing requirements.
- Assemble labeling files and documents to facilitate artwork creation.
- Collaborate with Artwork Design Center of Excellence.
- Obtain draft labeling and perform technical review to ensure accuracy and compliance to redlines, drawings, die lines, blueprints, templates, and Corporate Identity.
- Perform quality proofreading.
- Obtain approval of labeling specification content and final artwork utilizing electronic workflow in document management system.
- Perform prepress activities to prepare and send labeling artwork to print suppliers. Act as technical liaison with print suppliers and manufacturing to resolve printing issues.
- Obtain label part numbers and perform product data and document management entry, configuration, and processing in document management system.
- Input accurate data into labeling team tracking systems and spreadsheets.
- Assist Project Leaders in the creation/change of Bill of Materials and obsolescence of labeling.
- Aid in training internal and external personnel on labeling related processes and systems.
- Support team project initiatives.
- Ensure labeling project deliverables are closely monitored to successfully meet project milestones.
- Ability to work on both MAC and PC platforms.
- Ability to apply design principles to transform visual concepts and information into graphic representation and knowledge of desktop publishing standards.
- Advanced understanding of page layout, typography, pre-press, digital output, and printing processes.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, and packaging specifications.
- Ability to effectively perform technical review of artwork using manual proofreading techniques, electronic comparator software, measurement tools, bar code scanner, etc.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in a global environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Ability to effectively manage and process documents in a document management system.
- Advanced experience in the Adobe Creative Suite, heavily focused on InDesign and Acrobat preferred.
- Knowledge of regulated environment, Regulatory requirements for devices and drugs including ISO and EN980 standards, GMP/GDP.
- Ability to manage and prioritize labeling responsibilities to ensure deliverables are consistently completed on time.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and changing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Good conceptual and analytical skills. (This includes the ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as fractions, percentages, decimals, etc.).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and high quality output.
- Demonstrates dependability, initiative, flexibility, and adaptability.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or 3 years' experience in a desktop publishing/print production environment preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.