Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We're looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
At Baxter Healthcare, a Junior Graphic Designer is instrumental in establishing the creative foundation of individual projects from concept through execution. This team member is responsible for consistently delivering exceptional visual design under the direction of the Creative Lead. This team member is responsible for capturing, synthesizing, and implementing feedback from internal team members into design solutions. This team member must be comfortable operating autonomously when necessary, has a sense of ownership over the work, is self-motivated, and strives for design excellence.
- Support the creative development and execution of individual projects - in print, web, packaging, digital design - in close collaboration with marketers and internal/external business partners under the guidance of the creative lead
- Participate in internal group reviews, strategy discussions and marketing presentations
- Clearly articulates design decisions that are backed up with strategic supporting evidence, insight, and rationale
- Communicate with various vendors to coordinate the execution of print and digital deliverables
- Project types include: brochures, sell sheets, white papers, packaging, infographics, web, email campaigns, videos and business presentations Qualifications
- BFA/BA in graphic design or related field
- 3-5 years of practical work experience as a Graphic Designer
- 2 years of work experience in a studio or in-house environment
- A portfolio displaying proven conceptual and visual design
- Excellent design/layout and production skills and efficiency in standard graphics software including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Powerpoint
- Basic knowledge of video editing and motion graphics
- Familiar with Drupal or similar web platform is a plus
- Strong concepting and design skills
- A solid foundation in typography, layout and design
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Ability to meet all deadlines under pressure and can react to unexpected schedule changes and fluctuations in workload
- Experience with juggling multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Knowledge and understanding of how to design within branding guidelines
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Our products and therapies touch the lives of millions of people around the world every day, which is why we are focused on transformative innovations that bring smarter, more personalized care to all of us. For 87 years and counting, we have been at the critical intersection where the ideas that save and sustain lives meet the providers who make it all happen. And now, we are determined to realize our boldest opportunities to transform global healthcare for years to come.