Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We're looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for providing superior service to all external customers, patients, and Baxter team members.
- Responsible for managing aspects of prescription processing and/or order fulfillment for Baxter's Hospital Products and/or Renal businesses and/or Surgical Care businesses through answering calls from a toll-free number and other non-phone related activities (fax, email, chat, etc.). With the Renal business will be working in the Remote Prescription/Medication Order Processing Pharmacy.
- Handles general inquiries, customer correspondences, and exceptions as required.
- Responsible for providing accurate, responsive, and efficient prescription processing, placement of orders, back-order fulfillment, resolution of shipping discrepancies, customer returns, customer inquiries, and other customer or patient requests.
- Required to balance service and cost for the supply chain organization while meeting or exceeding key performance indicators.
- Responsible for documenting service failures that impact the customer and the organization.
- Collaboration with the following departments: Product Information, Distribution Centers, Planning and Deployment, Credit and Collections, Customer Master, sales representatives, Marketing and others.
- Through the home patient ordering process, obtain information on the amount, type, stock on hand. Expedite product availability and manage the release of back orders. May monitor reorder points and initiate action to replenish stock. Works with the customer to determine needed quantities and frequency of delivery of product.
- Sets-up new home patient accounts, documents service requirements, maintains other records, and prepares customer required reports.
- Assist pharmacists with functions related to the receipt, processing, and fulfillment of prescription orders as permitted by pharmacy regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Expertise in working in the Microsoft applications and must have an aptitude for working in web- based applications.
- Demonstrate an ability to provide customers with superior service and a high level of satisfaction.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment, attention to detail, and excellent problem resolution skills.
- Ability to speak Spanish is an asset.
- Ability to work remotely using a high speed wired internet connection.
- JD Edwards system knowledge, a plus.
- Ability to obtain Pharmacy Technician License prior to start date may be required; current Certified Pharmacy Technician licensure a major plus.
- Must be flexible to cover a shift (8-10 hours) during the customer service hours of operation which are 7:00 am to 6:00 pm CST, Monday through Friday.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Our products and therapies touch the lives of millions of people around the world every day, which is why we are focused on transformative innovations that bring smarter, more personalized care to all of us. For 87 years and counting, we have been at the critical intersection where the ideas that save and sustain lives meet the providers who make it all happen. And now, we are determined to realize our boldest opportunities to transform global healthcare for years to come.