Baxter Auto Group is looking for an Automotive Service Technician. Salary based upon experience.
Performs a variety of tasks in order to evaluate, repair, and overhaul automobiles, trucks, and other automotive vehicles. Functions include, but are not limited to the following: Performs technical and physical diagnostic assessment to determine the malfunction. Uses a powered vehicle lift to access and assess areas of the vehicle that need to be repaired, replaced, or overhauled; will utilize power and hand tools to disassemble, access, and perform repair work. After the repair is performed a physical and technical diagnostic is done to assure proper repair is completed.
- Complete system diagnostics and full automotive troubleshooting and testing.
- Maintain an organized and neat shop area.
- Road-test vehicle to ensure quality repair work was completed.
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Communicate directly with service advisors regarding the status of the service work as well as the estimated time for completion so that customers can be informed.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or GED required; Technical School certificate preferred
- 2 years or more of previous experience as an automotive technician preferred
- Valid driver's license within the state you will be working along with a clean driving record
- Must have Excellent communication skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to handle a high volume of duties at one time
What we have to offer:
- Professional, fun, and friendly work environment with supportive management
- Excellent benefits package, including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k, including employer match
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Pricing and Discounts
- Paid Vacation, and holidays
- Tuition assistance programs
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
-Rarely 1-5% of the time, in an 8-hour day
-Occasionally 6-33% of the time, in an 8-hour day
-Frequently 34-66% of the time, in an 8-hour day
-Continuously 67-100% of the time, in an 8-hour day
Baxter Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Omaha