Technician working in the Service and Repair Depot
NOTE: The following are meant to be representative but not necessarily all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities for this position title. A skills test will be given to assess electronics and mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Compliant confirmation and failure analysis of systems and accessories returned for service.
- Logistical and administrative support of external vendor system repair.
- Repair of RF systems and associated accessories.
- Repair of Laser systems and associated accessories.
- Repair of IPL systems and associated accessories.
- Run validated final test on repaired systems.
- Accurately document all service activities and generate service reports.
- Perform backup technical phone support as a backup to the customer support group.
- Adhere to all Solta and GMP regulated procedures and processes.
- Build/design text fixtures used to service and test systems.
- Phone technical support for external and internal customers.
- Service documentation.
Experience, Education, Training, & Traits:
- Minimum 2 year degree in electronics, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of service or engineering experience preferably in a medical device, quality regulated environment.
- Ability to read and troubleshoot basic electronic schematics and circuits.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Familiarity with Word & Excel.
- Ability to assemble tools or products with minimal documentation.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work with oscilloscopes, DVM, calipers and hand tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot and investigate the root cause of problems.
- Good English skills with effective verbal, writing and reading abilities.
- Organized and dependable.
- Experienced working in an ESD type environment.
- Candidate should be a strong team player with the demonstrated abilities and willingness to wear "multiple hats" and perform a wide range of tasks (from menial to analytical) within a dynamic environment.
- Acts as a mentor to level 1 Service Technicians.
Individual must have good verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Analytical and Reading Skills:
Ability to read, analyze, interpret and assist in the creation and refinement of company procedures. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and report on findings.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to perform lifting tasks of up to 70 pounds for short durations. Duties of this job may involve standing and/or walking for extended periods of time. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Most work will be performed in a lab environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional elevated levels from systems being tested. Some work may entail incidental exposure to bio-hazardous materials (products returned from doctor's offices) where the employee must employ standard techniques to protect against chemical and biological hazards.
Solta Medical is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Be Aware of Recruiting Fraud
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
Refer this job to a friend
Bausch Health Companies Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job ID 12182
Pos. Type Full Time