The Director, Marketing Communications is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the long-term marketing and communication vision for the Battery Solutions’ brand, which promotes its unique position in the marketplace. Responsibilities include planning, development and implementation of all marketing strategies, marketing communications and PR efforts, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services in the area of marketing and communications. Directs the efforts of the marketing and communications staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the company. This position is a key leadership role that reports to the CEO.
Therein, this position is responsible to:
- Identify, develop and evaluate marketing plans, based on knowledge of Battery Solutions’ products, services, customers and competitors. Analyze market trends and communicate business developments.
- Provide product line research, review, expansion, pricing and promotion
- Responsible for activities related to branding, website, social media, collateral, search engine marketing and optimization, video, email campaigns and other digital marketing.
- Direct all activities relating to trade shows and other promotional activities. Partner with advertisers, media contacts and trade groups to promote the company’s services and products. Prepare presentation for speaking engagements and present, when required.
- Hire and manage appropriate third-party agency relationships.
- Support Sales and Business Development on future business opportunities and objectives.
- Prepares presentations and participates in meetings with the Board of Directors, CEO and other management staff in charting the direction of the company.
· Coordinate internal communications for the company including updating the digital announcement board, organization chart, all employee presentations and other updates a maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel.
- Use strategic planning and forecasting techniques to predict revenues and profitability of products or services.
- Establish metrics which will demonstrate the effectiveness of the marketing budget and activities.
· Train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide personnel.
· Research awards, craft responses and submit entries on behalf of the company.
Create and execute a media strategy and monitor and measure the results.
· Extensive knowledge in every aspect of marketing strategies to achieve organizational objectives.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and public relations skills.
· Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
· Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
· Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, advertising, digital marketing, etc.
· Management experience.
· Strong understanding of market dynamics, customer and requirements.
Willingness to travel and operate in a team of professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business-related field from an accredited institution.
Candidate must have 8+ years of experience in a marketing leadership role