Distribution Center Manager
- Expired: November 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Distribution Center Manager for Batteries Plus oversees all of the daily operations at a 24-hour distribution center, which includes a team of exempt management team managers and supervisors. The Distribution Center Manager directs personnel in performing day-to-day operational functions by managing, motivating, developing employees, planning, and delegating work, while setting department priorities consistent with the goals and objectives for Batteries Plus.
The Distribution Center Manager will be onsite at the Batteries Plus Distribution Center in Glendale, WI. Does this sound like your next exciting role? Please apply today!
- Hire, coach, train, and develop distribution associates, providing both informal and formal job performance-based feedback
- Engage and inspire the distribution center associates
- Create a positive and engaging work environment where people are motivated to perform their best
- Responsible for both short and long-term staffing of all shifts
- Responsible for the overall performance of the distribution center across all shifts, to include safety, quality, productivity, and culture of the team
- Develop and execute daily/weekly/monthly operational plans
- Analyze performance data for the purpose of driving key decisions around service, operations and overall operations
- Manage the overall shift and departmental production/efficiency goals
- Maintain and monitor inventory levels, ensure proper inventory levels are maintained and coordinate and plan physical inventories, weekly cycle counts and product rotation
- Assist in performing warehousing duties during the course of day, including order pulling, forklift use and records processing work
- Manage preventative maintenance, repairs of warehouse equipment, facility and invoicing actions; administer security practices, including implementation of Business Emergency Plan
- Coordinate with other leaders to ensure any assigned special projects, continuous improvement initiatives, or other building priorities have adequate resources and are accomplished as planned
- Understand the distribution center's annual operating budget and performance against set goals; able to analyze labor and expense performance and adjust accordingly as it relates to P&L
- Develop the annual departmental budget necessary to achieve the targeted goals, while purposefully pursuing the high standards of customer service
- Accountable for achieving annual operating budget
Health and Safety
- Ensure federal, state, and local regulations (e.g., OSHA, CDL, DOT and MHE) are being followed in distribution center
- Proactively identify risk behaviors and coach/train to eliminate
- Ensure the operation leads with safety
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field
- 5 years+ of experience leading operations
- Broad experience in warehouse operations, transportation, equipment operation, and employee supervision
- Extensive knowledge of receiving, stock movement, inventory control, distribution practices and standard business practices
- Ability to operate a forklift, reach truck, rider jack, wrapper machine, order picker, and computer
- Lean, Six Sigma certification
- Strong communication, budgeting and project management skills
- Excellent management principles, supervisory techniques, state or provincial labor laws
A Bit About Us:
Our story began in 1988 with a single location in Green Bay, WI. Today, Batteries Plus has over 720 retail store locations across the country. We are the nation's largest growing battery and light bulb franchise. Our stores provide an impressive selection of batteries, light bulbs and accessories, and we offer convenient services like phone and tablet repair, key fob programming and key cutting. Batteries Plus associates are trustworthy, helpful, reliable, resourceful, and passionate. We are powered by a culture of trust, something we have to earn everyday by living up to our values.
It is the policy of Batteries Plus to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Batteries Plus
Get fresh Manager Distribution Center jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.