We are seeking a qualified Project Estimator to join and support our client-based Project Management group.
Experience with healthcare building capital improvements and infrastructure upgrade projects is highly desirable.
Estimators are responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates and budgets on project as required by our clients.
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to provide accurate estimates.
- Reads plans and project manuals to determine product specifications and material requirements.
- Enters project information into estimating software.
- Requests quotes and determines most cost-efficient price.
- Prices projects using manufacturers’ quotes and price lists.
- Create and present project budgets.
- Communicates with colleagues and contractors to ensure an accurate bid is provided on time.
- Provides estimates, budgets, ROM pricing, and/or project guidance to client as needed.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: 2-5 years of related experience in estimating, project engineering or project management
- Knowledge of Building Codes is helpful
- Technical capacity (MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel; BlueBeam)
- Written and verbal communication proficiency
- Active Listening
- Time Management
- Critical Thinking
- Oral Comprehension/Oral Expression
- Near Vision
- Written Comprehension/Written Expression
- Speech Clarity/Speech Recognition
- Information Ordering
- Category Flexibility
- Deductive Reasoning/Inductive Reasoning