We are seeking a qualified Electrical Engineering Project Manager to join our Project Management group as a manager of fire alarm and electrical-documentation projects.
Experience with institutional environments is highly desirable, as is experience with infrastructure upgrades of existing, building power systems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and experience with building-electrical-systems is required, Project Management and cross-discipline experience is strongly preferred.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the management of Electrical & Fire Alarm upgrade projects including Fire Alarm renovations as well as the investigation and as-built documentation of existing normal building power, emergency power and fire alarm systems. The candidate must have a demonstrated experience with field conditions within existing construction and with hands-on field investigation & documentation of legacy electrical systems. The selected candidate must have the ability to develop as-built drawings of one-line schematics and riser diagrams.
Preferably, the candidate will have experience with the design and installation of power infrastructure and fire alarm systems. Preferably, the candidate will have experience with Project Management of both design and construction of MEP projects. Preferably, the candidate will have experience with other MEP and Architectural disciplines including centralized utilities, engineered systems and building infrastructure.
- Project Management Experience
- Cross-Discipline Architectural & MEP Experience
- Emergency Power & Uninterruptable Power Experience
- Fire Alarm Experience Including Code Requirements & FDNY Approvals
- Electrical Metering Experience
- Electrical Systems Safety Standards, Inspections & Preventative Maintenance Experience
- Electrical Systems IR Investigation Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Proficient Drawing Development
- Electrical Building Infrastructure Design & Installation Experience
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills