We are seeking a qualified Electrical Engineer specializing in Building Infrastructure & Construction to join our Project Management group as a manager of fire alarm and electrical-distribution, fire alarm and electrical as-built documentation projects.
Experience with institutional environments is highly desirable, as is experience with infrastructure upgrades of existing, building power systems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and experience with building-electrical-systems is required, Project Management and cross-discipline experience is strongly preferred.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the management of Electrical Distribution and Fire Alarm Upgrade projects within existing buildings in a campus environment with both centralized and decentralized utilities. Projects will include Fire Alarm renovations as well as the investigation and as-built documentation of power distribution infrastructure, emergency power infrastructure and fire alarm systems. The candidate must have a demonstrated experience with field conditions within existing construction and with hands-on field investigation & documentation of legacy electrical systems. The selected candidate must have the ability to develop as-built drawings of one-line schematics and riser diagrams.
Preferably, the candidate will have experience with the design and installation of power infrastructure and fire alarm systems. Preferably, the candidate will have experience with Project Management of both design and construction of MEP projects. Preferably, the candidate will have experience with other MEP and Architectural disciplines including centralized utilities, engineered systems and building infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Building-Power Electrical Distribution & Infrastructure Experience
- Drawing Development
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Fire Alarm Experience Including Code Requirements & FDNY Approvals
- Emergency Power & Uninterruptable Power Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Cross-Discipline Architectural & MEP Experience
- Electrical Metering Experience
- Electrical Systems Safety Standards, Inspections & Preventative Maintenance Experience