PT Weld Machine Operator (5:30 pm-9:00 pm, Monday-Friday)
PT Weld Machine Operator---- Responsible for running various welders and other machines efficiently, inspecting parts, and keeping work areas organized and clean.
- Adequately moves finished parts from work center using pallet jack to appropriate location.
- Effectively assists in setting up work centers following work instructions and company processes/procedures.
- Accurately performs and follows all general machine Total Preventive Maintenance (TPM) programs.
- Assists and provides effective and efficient training to other associates.
- Efficiently operate welders and other machines at or above the determined rate set by management.
- Proficiently sets up jobs and checks welders for proper settings (current, squeeze, hold, etc).
- Carefully inspects parts using calipers, micrometers, gages, force testers, etc., and records results in the appropriate system. Accurately recognizes visual defects on part.
- Fluent on Plex system keeping entries accurate and true (work center status).
- Adequately completes rate sheets and submits them in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly cleans work area by putting all items in appropriate locations.
- Successfully completes Pay for Skills and Training Within Industry (TWI) programs.
- Based on company needs a flexible work schedule and/or overtime is needed.
***Tools and Equipment Used:
- Pallet Jack
- Part Lifter
- Calipers, micrometers, indicators, gages, force testers
- Plasma cutter
- Tool Boards
**Work Ethic Responsibilities:**ETHICS:E**nthusiasm, *Teamwork, Honesty, I*ntegrity, *C*haracter and *S*elf-Motivated**Absenteeism/tardiness:** Is conscientious in being at work when scheduled and on time.Perform the highest possible amount of quality work in the least or standard amount of time. Follow documented processes and procedures.**Quality:** Do good quality work the first time, avoiding rework. Make good quality decisions as it relates to the job functions. Exhibit problem solving skills.**Safety** Be knowledgeable of and adhere to all safety rules and regulations. Always be conscious of the safety implications of one's actions; consistently observe safety regulations and wear required safety equipment. Do not jeopardize one's own safety or others in any way. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) in all designated areas assigned by the company. Immediately report all near misses, safety concerns and accidents. Safely and efficiently use any assigned equipment.**Lean:** Participate in and support lean manufacturing programs and principles with a focus to reduce costs with quality product such as Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Suggestion System, etc. Actively participate in Continuous Improvement to continually strive to improve our processes and procedures. Adhere to 5S: Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain.**Environmental:** Employee is responsible for complying and supporting any environmental policies and programs put in place by Batesville Tool & Die, Inc. (BTD). Employee may not bring any environmentally hazardous substances or compounds into BTD and is always conscious of the impact on the environment. Support and adhere to Technical Specification (TS) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) activities and procedures.**Other:**Perform any other duties as assigned with enthusiasm and without complaint.***Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.The employee is continually required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or touch and run work center while focused on required task. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, reach above shoulders, and talk and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulders, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will also be required to frequently lift up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift up to 60 pounds.Please note that these physical demands are based on a typical work day. Physical demands may vary based on the task assigned that day.***Environmental ConditionsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet, humid conditions and moving mechanical parts.These environmental conditions are based on a typical work day. Conditions may vary based on the task assigned that day.***Protective clothing/equipment required:
- Safety glasses
- Sturdy leather shoe/boot or steel toed tennis shoe
- Hearing Protection
You should be proficient in:
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- Stamping Press (Minster, Aida)
- No BENEFITS offered FOR PT WORKERS- 5:30 pm-9:00 pm (Monday-Friday)
**We work on a points system so attendance is required for this job and limited hours you are committing to work.
Batesville Tool & Die IncBatesville, IN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.