1st Shift Maintenance Technician- Robotics PLC Programmer
- $17 to $30 Hourly
About the Role:
- Performs accurate general & preventive maintenance on all equipment, machinery, and buildings which involves trades such as electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, and carpentry, in a timely manner.
- Properly fills out work orders and checksheets with detail and notes any changes required for closure of work order and/or check sheets. Also accountable for the accuracy of work order information to match time worked.
- Professionally communicate with Supervisor, Group Leader, & other associates on daily tasks completed, and information required on tasks not completed at the end of shift. Accurately communicates information to the next shift personnel.
- Has working knowledge of mechanical equipment and operation and the ability to efficiently troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns or improvements needed to enhance equipment.
- Has working knowledge of electrical controls, controllers, and Programmable Logic Controller’s (PLC) on equipment and the ability to troubleshoot electrical failures, and determine needed repairs to improve the operation.
- Based on company needs a flexible work schedule and/or overtime is needed.
**Work Ethic Responsibilities:
E**nthusiasm, *Teamwork, Honesty, I*ntegrity, *C*haracter and *S*elf-Motivated
** Is conscientious in being at work when scheduled and on time.
Perform the highest possible amount of quality work in the least or standard amount of time. Follow documented processes and procedures.
** Do good quality work the first time, avoiding rework. Make good quality decisions as it relates to the job functions. Exhibit problem solving skills.
** Be knowledgeable of and adhere to all safety rules and regulations. Always be conscious of the safety implications of one's actions; consistently observe safety regulations and wear required safety equipment. Do not jeopardize one's own safety or others in any way. Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all designated areas assigned by the company. Immediately report all near misses, safety concerns and accidents. Safely and efficiently use any assigned equipment.
** Participate in and support lean manufacturing programs and principles with a focus to reduce costs with quality product such as Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Suggestion System, etc. Actively participate in Continuous Improvement to continually strive to improve our processes and procedures. Adhere to 5S: Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain.
** Employee is responsible for complying and supporting any environmental policies and programs put in place by Batesville Tool and Die (BTD). Employee may not bring any environmentally hazardous substances or compounds into BTD and is always conscious of the impact on the environment. Support and adhere to Technical Specification (TS) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) activities and procedures.
** Perform any other duties as assigned with enthusiasm and without complaint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend crouch, and crawl. The employee is frequently required to go into confined space areas. The employee will also be required to frequently lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift up to 60 pounds with assistance. The employee is frequently required to go up to 40ft in aerial lift equipment to perform duties on machines and building.
Please note that these physical demands are based on a typical work day. Physical demands may vary based on the task assigned that day.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet, hot/cold, humid conditions.
These environmental conditions are based on a typical work day. Conditions may vary based on the task assigned that day.
Occasional domestic and/or international travel may be required for this position.
***Protective clothing/equipment required:
- Safety glasses
- Sturdy leather shoe/boot or steel toed tennis shoe
- Gloves when performing certain job functions (refer to PPE matrix)
- Hearing Protection
You should be proficient in:
- PLC Troubleshooting Skills
- Creating Preventive Maintenance Plans
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Hydraulics Experience
- Troubleshooting Industrial Automation Equipment
- PLC Wiring Experience
- Machine Safety Inspections
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- Servo Motors
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Conveyor Systems
Batesville Tool & Die IncBatesville, IN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.