Contract Role - 1+ years
We are seeking an experienced mid-level PowerBI developer with strong leadership qualities as well as strong customer communication and service skills. This role will be working alongside business analysts to capture requirements from the staff while also being responsible for designing and delivering reports and dashboards for their organization.
· Ability to translate technical concepts and terminology in terms understandable to internal and external customers including but not limited to directors, managers, system users, etc.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective team relationship with all internal and external customers.
· Ability to isolate and solve complex problems. Some problems may be a multitude of problems from different integrated systems.
· Experience in the latest versions of the software applications listed.
· Ability to research and develop solutions to new requests
· A self-starter eager to learn new tools and technologies where needed to suit client or project requirements
· Completes tasks and sets priorities without supervision
· Experienced in delivering solutions in complex environments
· Ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects often with competing requirements and resources.
· Strong written and oral communication skills and a background of successful experience in the use of such skills for manager updates, meetings, and presentations.
· May be required to submit to background check.
· May be required to pass a drug test.
· Design, implement and develop reporting and analytics solutions using Microsoft PowerBI
· Design, implement and develop data visualizations
· Meet with business stakeholders to clarify and document reporting requirements
· Identify ways to create repeatable process to consolidate data from multiple sources into a single view
· Develop, publish, schedule reports and dashboards to meet business requirements
· Understanding of PowerBI application security layer models
· Assist in the provision of user training; prepare instruction and technical manuals.
· Coordinate with users and outside vendors, when necessary, to respond to service requests; implement solutions to problems.
· Monitor systems to ensure performance and maintenance; analyze and recommend enhancements.
· Minimum 2 years of PowerBI development experience
· Strong understanding of the Microsoft technology stack (Azure, SQL Server, Integration Services, Analysis Services, Tabular, Reporting Services, etc.)
· Experience in Business Intelligence, Data Integration and Reports/Analytics
· Possession of a Bachelor's/Master's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in management information system, information technology, computer science, business administration, or a closely related field; AND
· Four (4) years of verifiable experience managing cross-functional and complex report writing. This experience must include having responsibility for designing the report, coding the report and graphics/dashboard/UI, testing the reporting, training users on the report and working under aggressive deadlines. Additionally, the four (4) years of experience must include one (1) year of experience in SQL and Java and Web development.