Auto Body Technician
Bates Collision Centers Channelview, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you a Top Tech looking for TOP PAY, TOP BENEFITS, TOP TEAM & TOP QUALITY? Then stop scrolling - you’ve found your new home at Bates Collision Centers.
Get started today by applying here or call 281-428-2209 or email Parts.Baytown@BatesCC.com
About Us: We are proud of our reputation for excellence that’s been 30 years in the making. Bates Collision Centers is a strong/stable company that has been a leader in the collision repair industry and has grown year after year. Come see why nearly half of our team has been with us over 10 years and several over 20-you won't regret it! We believe our mission applies not only our customers but to our teammates:
Our Promise-To treat your family like our family.
Providing peace of mind that honesty, safety and compassion drives every decision we make.
This promise is what keeps us attracting the best talent; creating a workplace where you are treated like family and inspired to be the best you can be, motivated and empowered to deliver superior repairs with outstanding customer service.
Bates Collision Centers is hiring Technicians at both locations (Baytown and Channelview)! We welcome seasoned technicians, military veterans or a young professionals excited to learn and start your career; Bates can be your new home!Job Description
Repairs accident related damage to vehicles, while adhering to factory specifications and industry standards to restore them to pre-collision condition . Bates Collision Centers Technicians are essential to the repair process and must be able to perform quality repairs in a timely matter, always keeping the customers satisfaction in mind.Essential Functions:
- Examines vehicle and works closely with Bates Estimator to plan necessary repair process considering safety, factory specifications, cost and cycle time;
- Performs quality repairs-adhering to factory specifications; while keeping in mind on-time status;
- Performs task including but not limited to the list below:
- Vehicle Frame Repair
- MIG Welding
- Vehicle Structural Parts Repair and Replacement
- Plastic Repair
- Body work/panel repair; files, grinds, and sands repaired panels using power tools and hand tools;
- Glass Replacement
- Mechanical Repairs
- Works and communicates with others on vehicle repair status;
- Participates in all required safety meetings;
- Directs the work of an apprentice when needed, i.e., assists with problems or questions and explains procedures.
- 3 years experience in Collision Repair;
- Knowledge of repair principles, techniques, and procedures;
- Ability to review and follow factory specifications for repair procedures
- Ability to operate equipment including but not limited to: Frame Machine & Measuring System, A/C Machine, MIG Welder, Plastic Welder.
- Ability to measure, analyze and interpret structural measuring data
- OE and/or I-CAR Certifications are helpful but not required;*certifications must be obtained within 6 months of hire date-company arranges and pays for all training/certifications
- I-CAR Welding Certified
- Must be able to pass thorough background check;
- Competitive Pay
- Quality Medical Insurance with United Health Care
- 401 (k) retirement with 100% company matching
- Paid Vacation/Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Nights and Weekends off
- Opportunity for Paid Certifications and training
- Free uniforms
- Free Paycheck Direct Deposit
- Transfer opportunities between locations
- Free Credit Union Membership and Benefits
- Safe, clean, and professional work environment
- Regular company sponsored employee and family events (work together/play together)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, controls and office equipment. The employee is required to read and interpret and follow processes and procedures. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be in an open shop environment. Candidate must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
The collision industry is continually changing, that is why we provide training to qualifying positions at no cost to you, in addition to, competitive compensation and benefits.
Auto-body repair is a rewarding career, but it can be a challenging field to find your starting place. That’s why Bates Collision Centers has developed an apprenticeship program that, along with, your hard work and dedication will prepare you for a rewarding career at Bates Collision Centers.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.