Auto Body Helper / Apprentice
Bates Collision Centers Baytown, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Get started today by applying here or call Russell Snider at 281-428-2209 or email RSnider@BatesCC.com.
About Us: We are proud of our reputation for excellence that's been 30+ years in the making. Bates Collision Centers is a strong/stable company that has been a leader in the collision repair industry and has grown year after year. Come see why nearly half of our team has been with us over 10 years and several over 20-you won't regret it! We believe our mission applies not only our customers but to our teammates: Our Promise-To treat your family like our family. Providing peace of mind that honesty, safety and compassion drives every decision we make.
This promise is what keeps us attracting the best talent; creating a workplace where you are treated like family and inspired to be the best you can be, motivated and empowered to deliver superior repairs with outstanding customer service.
Bates Collision Centers is hiring Collision Repair Helpers/Apprentices at both locations (Baytown and Channelview)! We welcome young professionals excited to learn and start your career; Bates can be your new home!
Completes full disassembly and re-assembly of vehicles and assists in repairing damage, while adhering to factory specifications and industry standards to restore them to pre-collision condition. Bates Collision Centers Technician Helpers/Apprentices are essential to the repair process and must be able to perform quality & safe repairs in a timely matter, always keeping the customers satisfaction in mind.
- Disassembles vehicle in order to assist Estimator with preparing a 100% Repair Plan;
- Reassembles vehicles;
- Assists in performing quality repairs;
- Completes small body work/panel repair; files, grinds, and sands repaired panels using power tools and hand tools;
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools (e.g. MIG & plastic welders, blocks, hammers, wrenches, sanders, etc.)
- Works and communicates with others on vehicle repair status;
- Participates in all required safety meetings;
- Assists the lead body technician in tasks including but not limited to the list below:
- Vehicle Frame Repair Set-up & Measuring
- MIG Welding & Plastic Welding
- Plastic Repair
- Glass Replacement
- Mechanical Repairs
- 1 year experience in general automotive or body repair preferred;
- I-CAR certifications are helpful but not required;*certifications must be obtained within 6 months of hire date-company arranges and pays for all training/certifications;
- Must be able to pass thorough background check;
- Ability to effectively communicate with others;
- Ability to read and understand instructions, written estimates and work orders;
- Multi-tasking; adapts easily to fast-paced environment
- Competitive Pay
- Quality Medical Insurance
- 401 (k) retirement with 100% company matching
- Paid Vacation/Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Nights and Weekends off
- Opportunity for Paid Certifications and training
- Free uniforms
- Paycheck Direct Deposit
- Transfer opportunities between locations
- Free Credit Union Membership and Benefits
- Safe, clean, and professional work environment
- Regular company-sponsored employee and family events (work together/play together)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, controls and office equipment. The employee is required to read and interpret and follow processes and procedures. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position is based in a normal shop environment. Frequent physical activity such as kneeling, bending, squatting, stooping, lifting above shoulders, standing for long periods of time during the repair of a vehicle is a part of daily activity as well as repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion and lifting objects over 50 pounds. Must be able to push/pull parts carts and cars with assistance. Must have manual dexterity to operate equipment. Subject to weather conditions both inside and outside.
The collision industry is continually changing, that is why we provide training to qualifying positions at no cost to you, in addition to competitive compensation and benefits.
Auto-body repair is a rewarding career, but it can be a challenging field to find your starting place. That’s why Bates Collision Centers has developed an apprenticeship program that, along with, your hard work and dedication will prepare you for a rewarding career at Bates Collision Centers.
Bates Collision Centers provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Bates Collision Centers
AutomotiveView all jobs at Bates Collision Centers