Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Bata Plastics is a company in Grand Rapids, MI. We are agile, supportive, rewarding and our goal is to conserve our natural resources to create a better planet for future generations.
Our work environment includes:
- Growth opportunities
- Safe work environment
- On-the-job training
Are you a skilled Maintenance Associate ready to accelerate your career with #BataPlastics? Join a team that is Recycling for Future Generations! #WeAreMfg #FamilyCompany
Responsible for preventive maintenance, repair, and project work. Performs a variety of tasks associated with troubleshooting and maintenance of production machinery and ensuring the cleanliness and orderliness of the facilities and related support systems. Assists the department Maintenance Mgr in managing daily workloads, interacting with all depts, including safety, production, and operations. Responsible for overseeing the performance of large production machinery through inspection and is responsible for repairing machines and defective equipment to avoid operations delays. Accountable for working in a safe and efficient manner as prescribed by company policy to meet the needs of facilities serviced and produce quality work. Expected to remain current on best practices, training, and technology standards.
- Performs maintenance and repairs in the following areas: plumbing, mechanical, electrical systems and wiring, pneumatics, motors, pumps, HVAC equipment and vacuum systems.
- Reads & follows instructions, drawings, schematics, sketches, blueprints, specifications, and instruction manuals to provide preventive and repair maintenance
- Performs routine maintenance inspections & service on machines, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or other preventive maintenance actions
- Thoroughly cleans machines and machine parts, removing parts and reinstalling as necessary
- Oils, greases, and lubricates moving parts on machines to ensure effective performance
- Inspects, operates, or tests machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions and identify the causes of unexpected breakdowns of machines
- Repairs broken machines, equipment, or structures quickly & efficiently using tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches, or equipment such as precision measuring instruments or electrical or electronic testing devices
- Routinely operates, troubleshoots, and performs maintenance on facility HVAC and temperature control systems.
- Installs and services lighting and control devices.
- Maintains & services water systems (controls, pumps, sensors, valves, and tanks).
- Receives, manages, & processes work order requests; ensures quick problem resolution
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Some related coursework from vocational or community college or equivalent exp., required; prefer successful completion of a Technical Machine Repair program and/or mechanically inclined with great problem-solving skills and mechanical exp., or equivalent education and exp.
- 3-5 years or more of work experience in a facilities/mfg/industrial maintenance role OR technical school degree/certifications and 2 years of work exp. in a facilities/mfg/industrial maintenance role, required
Our headquarters is located in a Grand Rapids Michigan, and we have another processing plant in Toledo, Ohio. We are a family owned and operated business that stands behind our products.
Bata Plastics, Inc.Why Work Here?
How many organizations can claim they save a little piece of the world every day? Join our world-class recycling team at Bata Plastics!
Bata Plastics Incorporated, a full service plastic recycling facility, was founded in 1985. Bata buys and sells surplus and rejected parts of post industrial plastics from different manufacturers and scrap dealers. We buy all forms and quantities of these plastics including engineering resin and regrind, lumps, chunks, and purges. Our headquarters is located in a Grand Rapids Michigan, and we have another processing plant in Toledo, Ohio. We are a family owned and operated business that stands behind our products.
1001 40th St SE Grand RapidsSparta, MI