BT-2194 Pressure Systems Engineer Supporting NASA (Hybrid)
- Expired: August 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Bastion offers career opportunities with competitive benefits, exciting possibilities for advancement and an exceptional work environment. Our culture is based on a strong business ethics, integrity, and professionalism. Our team members are known for their initiative and high-quality work. When it comes to our employees, we value, respect, and help them grow in their careers.
The Pressure Systems Engineer will perform certification tasks for the Pressure Systems and Vessels at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC). Certification efforts are performed in accordance with national consensus standards such as ASME Section VIII, B31.1, B31.3, NBIC as well as NASA standard NASA-STD-8719.17 and MSFC specific standard MPR8710.1.
- Perform walkdown inspections, data gathering, engineering analysis, documentation preparation, and data entry into applicable collection and storage locations.
- Coordinate inspection activities with NDE Inspectors as well as system/vessel user/owners to obtain data and evaluate conditions of components, piping, tubing, and vessels.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- This position requires US Citizenship due to the sensitivity of customer related information.
- Education: Must have a bachelor's degree in the field of engineering, or a related field.
- Years of Experience: Must have 5+ years of recent and related work experience.
- General knowledge of pressure systems components (i.e. Valves, Regulators, Gauges, Relief Valves), their functions, and the ability to identify them in person.
- Ability to prepare detailed documentation for delivery to the NASA customer using an agreed to format satifying the requirements of the applicable national consensus standards and NASA standards.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, specifically P&IDs.
- Physically capable of performing in field inspections including ability to bending down, looking under, and climbing stairs and ladders.
- Experience working with Non-Destructive Techniques such as UT, ET, PT, MT, RT.
- Familiarity with pressure vessel or component manufacturing processes.
- Experience with vessel design software such as PV Elite or COMPRESS.
- Certification in API 510 or API 570.
- Experience performing API-579/FFS-1 Fitness for Service.
- Experience performing analysis with NASGRO Fracture Mechanics and Fatigue software
This position offers a hybrid work schedule; some hours will be remote, and some hours will be in the office.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass a national agency check, some positions require a clearance and will require an extensive background verification/check process.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen; some contracts require participation in periodic random drug and alcohol screening programs.
STANDARD BASTION REQUIREMENTS:
All of Bastion's employees must be team players, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, able to follow company programs, processes, procedures, practices, requirements, goals, and objectives, they must have a strong work ethic and must be safety culture oriented. In addition, they must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and must be organized with good time management skills.
Bastion offers a wide range of benefits for their full-time employees; medical, prescription, dental, vision, AD&D, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement 401k, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and flexible work schedules (when available). We also support career advancement through professional training and development.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY:
At Bastion, we are passionate about our people and our safety culture. We are committed to a journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company, that philosophy fosters an environment of collaboration across cultures. Individual thoughts, opinions, and perspectives bring value and help us develop solutions for challenging problems, they make us more inventive, and more resilient.
Bastion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Bastion participates in e-Verify.
TechnologyView all jobs at Bastion Technologies
Get fresh Engineer NASA jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.