BT-2097 EEE, Parts Engineer - Magnetics
- Expired: March 17, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
As magnetics specialist in Section 5141 Parts engineering & Reliability, responsible for reviewing all magnetic Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical Parts (EEE) parts for reliability related performance, and advises the projects on magnetic part selection, conducts scientific experiments or theoretical analysis to determine the physical behavior of parts in a space-like radiation environment, oversees part procurement to ensure compliance with engineering requirements and maintains part inventories. As an Electronic Project Parts Engineer, responsible for the following:
- Support implementation of the magnetic parts program for flight projects.
- Advise projects on the magnetic part selection that maximizes reliability while considering schedule and cost constraints.
- Support magnetic part procurement to ensure compliance with engineering requirements and maintain part
- Apply advanced understanding of magnetic parts and project risk to define part quality requirements at onset of project
- Report on screening and/or failure test results and advise senior management and project management.
- Advise project management on highly complex magnetic part selections that maximize reliability while considering schedule and cost constraints.
- Report status for all elements of the magnetic parts program to project management at monthly and project reviews.
- Utilize the Part Acquisition and Review System (PARS) to manage the parts.
- Serve as an essential team member within the Group, ensuring part reviews, screening, testing, and procurement meet project schedule and budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science/Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 12 years of related experience; a Master's degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or a PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience for Education required.
- 12 Years of Experience
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to pass a national agency check
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Extensive understanding and experience in the selection, procurement, manufacture, use and testing/screening of high reliability magnetic parts for space-flight applications.
- Ability to multi-task with an established track record of meeting milestone schedules.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Deep understanding and substantial use of common computer
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Other Desired Skills:
- Knowledge of Military, NASA, and JEDEC specifications and requirements related to magnetic parts.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, design engineers, line management, and project
- Contract Technical Management experience.
Bastion participates in the e-Verify and EEO
Employment Type: PART_TIME
99 S Lake AvePasadena, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Bastion Technologies