assist in developing new technologies and functional prototypes for Bastian Solutions. The Senior Software Engineers primary focus will be on Computer Vision, Object Recognition, and Autonomous Navigation Systems. Timeframes for prototypes will be Project Managed and need to be functionally and aesthetically pleasing as we plan to demonstrate these new technologies to our customers.
Projects will be confidential through the pilot project as not to impact our current relationships with partner manufacturers. This position works directly for the Lead Software Engineer and collaborates with various manufacturing business units (Internal and External). GeneralJobDuties * General background in ROS -- I framework for use with AGVs.
* Guide and support the development of AGV navigation software. * Lead and be the point of contact for various software projects. * Guide and support the development of device hardware / software to integrate into the AGV or AGV system.
* Guide and support the development of middleware to interact with the AGV system. * Supervise the daily development and execution of software development services provided. * Effective code reviews and senior programming steering / direction.
* Effective and continuous code merging strategies. * Study the competition (Seegrid, Kollmorgen, JB Webb, JBT, and others) for their functionality. Determine gap analysis and then close the gaps.
* Coordinating the code architecture with Bastian Robotics, Mobile Robotics and Shuttle Robotics. * Innovative products engineered and effectively taken to market. Quality is the main goal.
* Participates Software Development meetings as needed (stand-ups, planning, etc) * Assist in and further enhance our Training Program. * Other duties as assigned * Qualifications * Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Masters Degree in Computer Science is a plus) with strong academic performance or equivalent experience. * Must have must have 3+ years real-time embedded control system experience * Industrial control systems experience preferred (for example auto, heavy equipment, marine, engine controls, locomotive, printer control, aviation, etc.) * Exceptional candidates will have strong development experience using an RTOS and/or ROS * Tool chain, continuous integration, automated testing, navigation development experience a plus * Experience working in Agile development teams * Management experience / MBA is a plus * Strong sense of customer service and good communication skills.
Great sales closing skills. * Experience in distribution, manufacturing environments a plus * About_Bastian Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. Our team specializes in consulting, system design, project management, maintenance, and installation, while sourcing the best equipment and automation technology.
We take great pride in providing exceptional service and flexibility to our customers. In addition to exciting work at a growing company, we offer the following benefits: * Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance * 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match * Vacation/Holiday Pay * Tuition Reimbursement * Flexible Work Schedules * Volunteer Work * Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions * Company Meetings & Events * Bastian Solutions does not work outside recruiting agencies. No solicitation phone calls please.