A Field Application Engineer develops strong relationships with the industrial clients (distribution, manufacturing, etc.) in a geographical territory and provides them with exceptional material handling and automation solutions to meet their needs. The engineered solutions require an excellent understanding of material flow, information flow, and general business processes. Helps companies compete in their markets by providing the best material handling system solutions and technology. The solutions improve overall productivity of our customer's operations.
General Job Duties
- Focus on spending time in the field with your customers helping them with their material handling needs.
- Develop strong relationships with our customers through timely, regular visits.
- Promote Bastian Solutions in all appropriate forums.
- Master product information through training and personal efforts.
- Provide professional quotes in a timely manner.
- Master business technology (AutoCAD, CRM, Power Point presentations, etc.).
- Maintain customer database information current in our CRM.
- Communicate with other team members effectively.
- Follow the Systems Checklist / Gantt critical steps for systems projects.
- Network with business contacts within the territory (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, service organizations, government business resources, etc.).
- Any and all job duties assigned
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering Discipline.
- 2+ years of relevant exeperience preferred. Recent college graduates will be considered.
- Technical sales experience in the industrial sector a plus.
- Material Handling automation design and sales experience a plus.
- CAD experience (AutoCAD a plus).
- Creative in designing and engineering industrial automation solutions
- Detailed oriented.
- Responsive to requests.
- Positive, Persistent, Competitive, Energetic, and Optimistic
- Comfortable operating independently, autonomously
- Ambition and desire to succeed.
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. Our team specializes in consulting, system design, project management, maintenance, and installation, while sourcing the best equipment and automation technology. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and flexibility to our customers.
In addition to exciting work at a growing company, we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Volunteer Work
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events
Bastian Solutions does not work outside recruiting agencies. No solicitation phone calls please.