A Fabricator will be responsible for general fabrication and assembly of material handling equipment projects. Duties will include fabrication, and assembly of projects as well as general repair and maintenance of shop equipment. Duties can also include painting prep when needed. Experience in horizontal saws, drills, mill presses, lathes, and iron workers preferred.
General Job Duties
- Works from sketches/drawings to produce parts from Sheetmetal, plate and bar stock
- Assemble equipment from fabricated parts, including weldments.
- Ability to set up and operate saws, shear, press brake, punches and ironworker
- Help where needed - assembly - painting
- Repair and maintain shop equipment and facilities as required.
- Produce high quality parts with low rejection rate
- Be a team player and contributor in shop
- Show mutual respect for coworkers
- Show up to work every day and on time
- Other duties as assigned by Direct Manager
- Occasional overtime required when necessary.
Superior Performance Objectives
- Ensure tasks are executed in the most effective manner in regard to time, cost and function.
- Show top notch craftsmanship in all aspects of job.
- Take direction and learn under Lead Fabricator.
- Work well with other BMH Robotics team members.
- Strive for ongoing self-improvement through additional training.
- Emphasis on assembly of our equipment (including wiring)
Energetic, ambitious and hard working with a strong technical aptitude. Material Handling, Robotics, Manufacturing or Packaging background required. Good Communication skills.
- High School education
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and develop finished product from these plans.
- Relevant fabrication shop experience.
- Positive attitude, able to handle tense situations that arise
- Team player, able to take direction.
- Owns own hand tools to perform fabrication tasks
- General knowledge of fluid power systems (pneumatics, hydraulics) as well as electrical wiring.
- Experience in custom industrial machine building beneficial.
- Demonstrated passion and energy to be competitive and get the job done.
- Very organized and efficient in getting the "important" objectives done as opposed to the "urgent" tasks.
- Serve your teammates
- Positive, energetic, and optimistic
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. Our team specializes in consulting, system design, project management, maintenance, and installation, while sourcing the best equipment and automation technology. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and flexibility to our customers.
In addition to exciting work at a growing company, we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Volunteer Work
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events
Bastian Solutions does not work outside recruiting agencies. No solicitation phone calls please.