The Social Media Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing companywide social media strategy to generate brand engagement and attract targeted external audiences. This position will ensure all social media campaigns align with business users across the company and accurately reflect our brands. The ideal leader has experience managing social media programs for well-known brands and has a passion for our mission to inspire everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors.
- Develop social strategy and campaigns (50 %)
- Create social campaigns and strategies in partnership with the marketing team to support key business goals
- Develop strategies to translate social interactions that drive increased awareness, positive brand perception, traffic and sales
- Adapt and optimize marketing plans for specific social platforms
- Keep up with industry trends to identify growth opportunities and potential partners
- Serve as “front door” liaison between the social team and business stakeholders (25 %)
- Partner with the marketing team and leaders from all relevant divisions of the company to support business needs through social media platforms
- Represent the social media team in marketing planning and development process
- Lead the development or organization-wide social media standards, policies and rules of engagement on social platforms
- Contribute to social content calendar planning
- Prepare annual marketing plans and digital marketing budgets with the director of digital marketing
- Ensure cross-functional communications are timely and accurate
- Share reports and feedback with teams and partners on a timely basis
- Support social campaigns, content development and reporting (25 %)
- Provide specific guidance, direction, and support to content creation team
- Support paid social analytics team in developing tools/metrics to track customer engagement through social media and sentiment across all social platforms; and paid advertising plans with a measurable ROI
- Support all aspects of community management including fan engagement, influencers, and coordination with company ambassadors
- Ensure that a consistent brand voice is used across digital media and measure our effectiveness accordingly
- Review content for consistency
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Preferred Degree: BS/BA Degree in English, Communications, or Marketing
Experience: 5 – 7 years in professional experience managing social media and digital marketing programs for major brands, or equivalent experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Able to manage heavy workloads with the flexibility to rapidly shift priorities based on organizational needs
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, with a strong understanding of digital marketing trends
- Ability to interpret data and research reports to optimize strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead a team and work as a team member
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms including but not limited to Omniture, Google, Sprinklr and others.
- Passion for hunting or fishing a plus
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10%