Retail Sales Manager
Bass Pro Shops Harrisburg, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Summary: Oversees and drives the Bass Pro Shops & Cabela’s CLUB program and experience throughout the store including:
- Acquiring and activating new members
- CLUB sales
- Customer experience
- Expense management
- Outfitter development
- Coaching and influencing across all levels and roles within the store
- Regulatory compliance
Ability to consistently exceed customer expectations and show commitment to Bass Pro Shops’ & Cabela’s Core Values.
- Coaches, leads, and models the highest customer service expectations while incorporating CLUB benefits into conversations. Answers customers’ questions, handles customers’ concerns, and escalates customers’ issues for resolution when appropriate.
- Designs and executes strategies to help meet key CLUB metrics. Reviews and analyzes reports for relevant performance metrics. Leads development and execution of corrective action planning for store targets being missed. Drives success around referral programs, Outfitter training, performance management, incentives, and recognition.
- Motivates and inspires Outfitters by giving them the tools to be successful with referrals and helps implement our organizational and store level programs for recognition.
- Advocates Bass Pro Shops & Cabela’s CLUB labor and talent strategies. Develops Outfitters through scheduling, recruitment, hiring, training, coaching, performance appraisals, and issuing appropriate disciplinary steps as needed.
- Executes all Bass Pro Shops & Cabela’s CLUB operational and compliance programs. Coordinates and improves execution of all department functions to further drive performance and compliance. Successfully executes all training, communication, account servicing, marketing material, and payments at the retail store.
- Serves as the leader for the CLUB instant issuance process including training others on all inventory management procedures.
- Thinks critically about ways to solve problems and implements new strategies when necessary.
- Communicates as the primary CLUB liaison to the retail leadership team for updates on all performance and promotions information related to Bass Pro Shops & Cabela’s CLUB.
- Primary CLUB contact for Asset Protection, Human Resources, corporate CLUB in Lincoln, and Regional Leadership regarding issue resolution.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to execute successful onsite and offsite events.
- Providing service to all areas of the store based on business need.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Preferred Degree: N/A
Certificate(s) or License(s): N/A
Experience: 2 to 4+ Years Sales, Management, Leadership Experience.
- Must be able to read documents, reports, computer screens, and other written communication.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk to fill orders, assist customers on the sales floor, etc.
- Must be able to stock products at various racking levels, use step-stool or ladder, etc.
- Must be able to place product on/off conveyor, trucks, shelving, etc.
- Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force regularly to move objects.
Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is committed to inspiring everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors. The company is known as a national leader in protecting habitat and connecting families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”
Bass Pro ShopsWhy Work Here?
Great place to work, with excellent company discount and benefits.
Spanning destination retail, boat manufacturing and award-winning resorts, Bass Pro Shops is an innovative pioneer in connecting everyone to the great outdoors. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today Bass Pro Shops is a leading destination retailer offering outdoor gear and apparel in an immersive setting with more than 100 retail and marine centers that host 120 million people annually. White River Marine Group, part of the Bass Pro family, is the largest manufacturer of boats in the world by volume offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands including TRACKER®, SUN TRACKER®, NITRO®, TAHOE®, REGENCY®, MAKO®, RANGER®, TRITON®, STRATOS® and ASCEND®. The company also operates Big Cedar Lodge – America’s Premier Wilderness Resort, along with other restaurants, nature-based attractions and resort destinations. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is committed to inspiring everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors. The company is known as a national leader in protecting habitat and connecting families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”