Distribution Operations Manager
Bass Pro Shops Wheeling, WV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- The Manager of Distribution Center Operations is responsible for all operational functions within the Distribution Center to expedite merchandise through the distribution process in a productive, accurate and cost effective manner. This position is also responsible for developing and maintaining open communication with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvement in safety, quality, service and productivity.
- Select, train, develop and maintain appropriate staff to meet daily and future operational goals.Partner with the HR department to develop management team through active development planning and performance management programs.Provide frequent feedback, counsel and advice to team members.
- Hold leadership team members accountable for established goals and responsibilities.
- Monitor and track performance of all areas of responsibility with the ability to meet and exceed goals.
- Achieve maximum customer service by maintaining high quality standards.
- Establish and maintain operational procedures for all production departments.
- Ensure appropriate cross-departmental communication occurs to ensure policies and procedures are clearly understood and operational goals are met.
- Balance daily workloads. Forecast upcoming volume and staff accordingly.
- Ensure company policies are followed and administered consistently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position Requirements
- Bachelor Science/Arts degree or Associate degree with qualified work experience; concentration in a Technical Discipline (Industrial Engineering, logistics or Operations Management) desired.
- Plus five - eight years of management experience at a manager level or higher in retail production/distribution environment.
- Experience in leading exempt team members of at least three or more.
- Must have excellent supervisory and communication skills with strengths in associate engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate and direct activities of a team.
- Working knowledge of Manhattan WMS to work in conjunction with the Super User.
- Strong project and time management skills, organizational, planning, and expediting skills.
- Must have strong PC skills and internet skills; including MS, Word, Excel & Power Point.
Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is committed to inspiring everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors. The company is known as a national leader in protecting habitat and connecting families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”
Bass Pro ShopsWhy Work Here?
Great place to work, with excellent company discount and benefits.
Spanning destination retail, boat manufacturing and award-winning resorts, Bass Pro Shops is an innovative pioneer in connecting everyone to the great outdoors. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today Bass Pro Shops is a leading destination retailer offering outdoor gear and apparel in an immersive setting with more than 100 retail and marine centers that host 120 million people annually. White River Marine Group, part of the Bass Pro family, is the largest manufacturer of boats in the world by volume offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands including TRACKER®, SUN TRACKER®, NITRO®, TAHOE®, REGENCY®, MAKO®, RANGER®, TRITON®, STRATOS® and ASCEND®. The company also operates Big Cedar Lodge – America’s Premier Wilderness Resort, along with other restaurants, nature-based attractions and resort destinations. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is committed to inspiring everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors. The company is known as a national leader in protecting habitat and connecting families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”
2500 E. Kearney StreetWheeling, WV
Transportation and Storage