Plant Operator Ii
- $24 to $27 Hourly
"OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR STRATEGY"
We are growing and in need of an Operator II for our VSS Emultech facility.
Come join a team with a great company culture that offers competitive wages and benefits!! We offer Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision Care Insurance. We offer a 401k program. A Pension Program, Life Insurance, AD&D and opportunities for growth and development.
Operator II is an Intermediate-level operator responsible for manufacturing emulsified and binder products; loading and unloading of emulsified products, hot asphalt chemicals and related supplies. Operate and understand all plant equipment.
This role will be the third shift. The Plant Operator II will work 10 pm-6 am. You will train in the daytime for a few months until you are acclimated.Compensation:
$24 - $27 hourlyResponsibilities:
Operator II ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Understanding of emulsion products.
- Manufacturing of black diamond and soap batch.
- Loading and unloading of emulsified asphalt and binder trucks, tack pots and spreader trucks.
- Unloading chemical and supply trucks.
- Operate all boilers, heaters, oxidizers, and any other plant equipment
- Collection of product samples.
- Basic housekeeping duties (cleaning up litter, spilled products, bathrooms, and offices).
- Sweeping building interiors.
- Proper tool cleaning and storage.
- Sampling and testing of asphalt and emulsified asphalt products to meet ALL DOT and AASHTO specifications.
- Basic written recordkeeping.
- Daily Tank level readings.
- Participation in safety meetings.
- Adherence to all environmental, health and safety rules, policies and procedures.
Operator II QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to utilize a calculator for basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to acquire OSHA 10-hour safety training.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Understanding of basic boiler or Hot oil heater operations and maintenance (chemicals and water testing for boiler operation); and
- Ability to observe gauges, dials, and operation of machinery to ensure conformance to processing specifications.
- Knowledge of forklift and/or loader operation.
- Ability to conduct the necessary weekend checks of the plant on a rotating basis
- Ability to self-start, motivate and work with little direction and ability to work in dirty adverse work conditions.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to acquire a license for Forklift Operation (OSHA); and
- Current state automobile driver’s license and a reliable vehicle, potentially for work-related travel.
A solid and stable Company with over 77 years of service, we offer; Competitive Wages, 401k, Pension, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Paid Time Off, Free On-Line University, Recognition Programs, and Advancement Opportunities, all with a great Family Culture.
Basic ResourcesWest Sacramento, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.