Senior Systems Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Position Overview: Senior Missile Design Engineer to support Missile Defense Agency Ground Based Midcourse Defense Program efforts and provide Design Maturation engineering support directly related to the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) project office mechanical/electrical design engineering and technology development and risk burn down planning for Critical Technology Elements and engineering documentation. The Senior Engineer will support NGI development and delivery activities in accordance with the standard Systems Engineering Lifecycle of a program. This position is located in Huntsville, AL.
- Identify, define, and characterize development-related programmatic and technical risks, and maturation of critical technologies, evaluate the evidence-based rationale for these areas and recommend mitigation for informed management decisions. Validate detailed risk burn down and tech maturation plans for translations of novel new technologies enabling the development of real, buildable robust hardware components
- Support the government in support of product-engineering and developmental testing functions across government and prime arenas, with a focus on the interceptor technology areas such as: payload algorithms, electronics, and sensor technologies, thruster technologies, evaluating designs, requirements, survivability, developmental testing, and failure-review processes and similar areas.
- Support Systems Engineering Milestone Reviews, boards and working level meetings by assisting in developing agendas and content, comprehending action items, and assisting in resolving issues as required, tracking actions to completion, providing meeting summaries, capturing lessons learned and any other duties as needed by the Government Customer.
- Review and provide comments on assigned Prime Contractor/Government Objective Evidence (OE) for major reviews, comprehend current and future architecture, and understand system requirements and interfaces
- Apply critical thinking analytical/engineering skills and problem-solving methodology to assigned tasks, to identify the problem, determine courses of action, develop paths ahead for task completion, and formulate recommendations to the Customer, status, and follow-up on task completion, including providing feedback to the government for prime plans based on SME and engineering judgment
- Assist in the development of Executive level briefings, papers, and other correspondence, Support scheduled and impromptu status and communication briefs with various levels of senior leadership
- Support the Government Integrated Product Team by representing the interests of the Customer in working group forums, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), and any other forums required by the customer
- Perform missile component Integration and system timing analysis; Support Warfighter coordination and integration; Work with component developers to review and assess verification plans for NGI components including support equipment, facilities, and interfaces to other system elements; Work with component and product developers to review and assess plans and processes for conducting design/critical Component/Product issue resolution.
- 12+ years of related engineering/system engineering experience preferably with GMD or MDA engineering programs from a Prime development level or service support level effort - experience in interceptor/target or space-launch/payload programs a plus
- MS Degree required, preferred in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Material Science related technical field
- Familiarity and experience with missile component development, test, production, and integration
- Familiarity and experience in crafting Risk Burn Down plans
- Proficiency in written and verbal skills as well as MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to deliver products on schedule
- Capability to develop and present program briefings to senior management-level personnel
- Candidate must have a Secret Clearance, Top Secret preferred
- Capable of performing as a member of a team and assisting with solving complex problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Self-starter with enthusiasm and capacity to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Travel as required to support oversight, meetings, reviews, etc.
- Honesty, superior ethics
- Interpersonal savvy, excellent communication skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Positive attitude
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, and standing; frequent period of prolonged sitting may be required.
- Ability to speak, read, hear, and write, with or without assistance.
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.
Basic Engineering Concepts & Technologies Inc DBA BecTech Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Basic Engineering Concepts & Technologies Inc DBA BecTech Inc