STANDARD Missile Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
BecTech is looking for candidates to fill the position of STANDARD Missile Specialist at the Navy's TechRep Detachment at Redstone Arsenal, in Huntsville, AL. This position provides direct support to Program Executive Office/Integrated Warfare Systems and Missile Defense Agency (MDA) for the development, production, and sustainment of the STANDARD Missile (SM) family of weapons. It requires interfacing with Raytheon Missiles & Defense and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) for program level oversight of operational surveillance and acceptance activities. Technical responsibilities include working with the prime contractor on matters pertaining to All Up Round (AUR) development, integration and testing of SM-3 and SM-6 missiles programs. Duties may include:
- Provide technical support for Navy and MDA missile production operations.
- Interface with program and engineering management to assess overall contractor performance.
- Report contractor performance relative to schedule and delivery milestones.
- Conduct technical evaluation and assessment of AUR integration operations.
- Facilitate exchange of technical communications between prime contractor and government stakeholders.
- Review quality deficiency notices and notices of escape to determine production and/or sustainment product applicability.
- Perform First Article Inspections of forward and reverse flow production operation changes.
- Review test instructions and witness acceptance test operations.
- Coordinate assistance of government and contractor activities for maintenance and repair of government furnished equipment and government provided production support equipment.
- Oversee flight round instrumentation and Flight Termination System certification.
- Support Integrated Product Team (IPTs) that provide technical assessment and recommendations for program readiness.
- Conduct other support activities as assigned.
- Has accountability and responsibility for ensuring a safe, respectful work environment free from all types of harassment, including but not limited to, race, religion, disability, age, ethnicity, or orientation.
- BS degree in a technical field or Associates plus 15 years experience in missiles and guided weapons.
- US Citizenship with Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- 15 + years of experience
- Works Independently, as a team member, or leading teams/tasks
- Experience with missile systems analysis and testing
- Familiarity with Navy Missile Systems
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, and standing; frequent period of prolonged sitting may be required.
- Ability to speak, read, hear, and write, with or without assistance.
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.