Aegis Weapons - Missile and Radar Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
The Weapons Analyst will analyze the interoperability of the SPY 1 and SPY 6 radars, the SM-3 missile and the other elements of the Aegis Weapons System. The Analyst develops and/or utilizes analytic tools, techniques, and processes for technical and/or administrative support activities. The most qualified candidates will apply oral and written communication skills to senior Program Leadership. This position is located in Dahlgren, VA.
- Analyze the interoperability of the SPY 1 and SPY 6 radars, the SM-3 missile and the other elements of the Aegis Weapons System
- Analyze the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) and evaluate their effectiveness
- Contributes to and may lead the planning and implementation of large programs
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of experience
- Secret clearance
- Knowledge of the workings and alignment of the Aegis Weapons System (AWS)
- Knowledge of the Data/Communication between AWS and the weapons from detection through engagement is required
- Missile defense-related or other DoD programs/projects is desired, as well as a Top Secret Clearance.
- In some cases, military education can be considered in lieu of Bachelor's (with Associate's degree) and Master's degree (with Bachelor's degree).
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, and standing; frequent period of prolonged sitting may be required.
- Ability to speak, read, hear, and write, with or without assistance.
Basic Engineering Concepts & Technologies Inc DBA BecTech Inc
AddressKing George, VA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Basic Engineering Concepts & Technologies Inc DBA BecTech Inc