Systems Engineer, Senior (Safety)
BCI is seeking to fill several full-time System Engineer, Senior positions with energetic, self-starters who possess experience in DoD System Safety Programs and will become part of the growing BCI Operations Engineering Safety group. BCI is seeking energetic, self-starters with experience in DoD System Safety Programs who will become part of the growing BCI Operations Engineering Safety group. This group provides specific, tailored, System of Systems, Warfare System, Combat System, and Element level System Safety Engineering support to several Coast Guard, Naval Sea Systems Command, Joint, and Naval Air Systems engineering, program acquisition and Fleet support activities. The successful candidate must be able to understand and articulate complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner in verbal and written formats, work productively independently and in team environments, meet deadlines, and perform multiple tasks in parallel.
Job Location: Dahlgren, VA
Job Start Date: Spring/ Summer 2023
Shift: ~ 0800- 1600
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in engineering, scientific, business or technical discipline or military operational experience at the E6 level or higher. 15+ years of general operational experience in systems engineering for DoD weapon systems programs, OR 15 years' combination US Navy, civil service, or industry experience in the description of duties is required. Five (5) years of qualified experience in DoD systems engineering processes in performing tasks focused on the development of system safety identified in MIL-STD 882, including hazard analysis, probability and severity assessments, design and architecture analysis and the generation of system safety reports/documentation. Demonstrated experience in the development and coordination of presentations. Safety experience may have been gained in such programs as Aegis Combat and Weapon Systems, Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (ABMD), Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD), NIFC-CA, DDG-1000, Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) or US Coast Guard programs in weapons system safety, explosives safety, environmental safety, topside and cargo safety or other related safety areas. Two (2) years' experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
Description of Duties:
Full-time members of the BCI safety program have responsibilities tailored to provide technical, operational and engineering support for the systems and software engineering team that execute analyses and assessments of safety risks.
- Using established systems engineering practices with a focus on Safety considerations;
- Develop systems safety products to inform leadership and form strategies for risk assessment and remediation;
- Leading teams of safety engineers to include providing training and mentoring;
- Developing and maintaining currency and understanding of Navy and Joint combat and weapon systems;
- Understanding relevant safety issues;
- Participating in engineering and safety reviews;
- Formulating, evaluating and editing risk assessment studies and analyses;
- Preparing reports and briefs, and presenting such materials to formal boards including WSESRB;
- Formulating and analyzing System Safety Plans, Safety Management Plans, assessment of hardware and software changes/issues affecting systems safety; and
- Analyzing safety test documentation/plans.
CONUS travel may be required up to 5-10% as part of assigned tasking.
Applicants must be US citizens. Applicants will be subjected to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
Basic Commerce & Industries IncKing George, VA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.