Basic American Foods Blackfoot, ID
- Posted: over a month ago
Process Engineer- Blackfoot, Idaho
What BAF is Like
As a relatively flat organization, you have a voice from your first day, along with opportunities to explore, learn, and develop new skills with challenging and rewarding work. We're focused on your success, both professionally and personally, and we are committed to offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. We are a family-owned, family-friendly company that empowers and supports our employees. We live out our company values and expect all team members to do the same.
What is a typical day?
The process engineering team unlocks value within our manufacturing facilities by bringing solutions to complex problems that enable bottom-line and top-line company growth.
We're looking to hire a Process Engineer that will support and ensure our facilities are running smoothly every day while planning for future needs and growth.
A typical day could be working with a plant team to discover the root cause of a problem affecting plant overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), evaluating a steam system for improvement opportunities, or training others on a newly installed system. They will also be involved in efforts aiding in the design of new lines or processes, capturing process knowledge for future training activities, participating in continuous improvement activities, as well as working with suppliers to find new opportunities for improving company performance and quality.
Do You Have the Ingredients to Become a Basic American Foods Hero?
Some of the essential duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Training and Process Auditing: Development and documentation of process-based knowledge, tests, standards, and expectations that will be used to train those who will both manage and operate the equipment. Included in this will be process and training audits, ensuring factory and individual compliance to the standards that have been set.
- Continuous Improvement: Accountable for supporting operations at the process level, via Root cause analysis, Six Sigma DMAIC process, and Kaizen events, along with technical knowledge. This may be done by working with team members and stakeholders, to investigate and resolve problems and issues inhibiting the performance of manufacturing processes and products. Plans and carries out events to facilitate continuous improvement of processes and people, with the goal of improving competitive advantage, increased profitability, finding true root cause, and enhanced quality and safety.
- New Product Development: Accountable for leading and supporting the plant floor development and scale-up or new and or improved products. Implementation of processes for new products, product extensions, and changes to existing products.
- Capital Projects: Provide overall leadership or support of capital improvement projects including the development of project requirements, project justification, equipment flow sheets, process line layouts, and process narratives, as well as filling the role of startup managers in the CQV process. Accountable for new equipment startup, operator training, written operating procedures, performing process audits, and conformance validation.
- New Technology: Build relationships with suppliers, through supplier led training, FAT visits, and updating company document libraries with lasts supplier data and information. This all done with the purpose of understanding all existing equipment capabilities and process functionality, as well as gaining an understanding of new product offerings. Attend trade shows and conferences to obtain knowledge of new technologies that are available to our industry.
We're Looking for Someone With:
- Bachelor of Science degree from four-year college or university in an Engineering field; and/or five to ten years related experience or training as a process engineer.
- Background in Lean Six Sigma, with a Six Sigma Blackbelt, preferred
Additional Traits That Set You Apart:
- Partnering and working with cross-functional teams
- Organized and able to manage a wide variety of projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written including presentation skills
- Analytical reasoning skills
- Ability to read and understand P&ID, and other mechanical drawings
- Ability to navigate PLC, HMI, Historian, and system management software
- Technical writing ability, such as SOP, Process Narratives, and training documents
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma principles
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis and Kaizen type event facilitation
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical and chemical properties of equipment and food products a plus
Who We Are
What makes an amazing meal so great? The people who create them - those in kitchens and dining rooms everywhere who work hard to plan, prepare, and cook every dish to perfection. They're heroes in our eyes, and it's our job to set them up for success. We are proud of our 85-year history, and we credit success to our startup mentality and strategic focus on providing tasty and innovative products to kitchens, cafeterias, and dining rooms throughout America. Our supportive and collaborative culture is driven by our mission - to make mealtime victories happen every single day.
Where We Are
Our locations in Southeast Idaho provide the family-friendly feel of a small town with plenty of nearby nature to explore. This area is perfect for the outdoor activities lover and is only a short distance from two national parks!
What we offer
In addition to competitive compensation, Basic American Foods is committed to providing our employees with a benefits program that is both comprehensive and competitive. Our benefits program offers health care, dental, and vision coverage, as well as financial programs such as 401k, life & disability insurance, and Healthcare FSA to our employees. Additionally, we invest in our employees and community through our Educational Assistance and Matching Gifts for Education programs respectively.
You'll Love Working Here if You:
- Love what you do, and it shows. Our employees are passionate about what they do and enjoy challenging work.
- Are knowledgeable and confident, but never boastful. While we are proud of our company, our team, and the products we create, we are humble and down-to-earth at our core.
- Are guided by a deep belief in integrity & personal values. This is a part of our employees' personal value systems as much as it is the organization's.
- Hold yourself and others accountable, while always maintaining dignity and respect for yourself and those around you.
- Believe in professional development for ourselves, as well as support the development of others.
At BAF, we are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and strive to create a supportive and inclusive community of individuals committed to helping each other and our company thrive.
Basic American Foods is taking the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation very seriously, and we have taken action to minimize potential risks to our employees, our customers, our communities, and our business. Click here to see just a few steps that we are taking: https://www.baf.com/blog/bafs-continued-commitment-to-safety-regarding-covid-19/
Job Posted by ApplicantPro