Field Service Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Field Service Technician position exists to oversee and maintain power generation equipment on rent with customers in a designated region. This person will be responsible for maximizing equipment run time by performing maintenance as needed and ensuring that all equipment is in proper, working condition at all times.
- Perform preventative maintenance on industrial natural gas and diesel generators (5.7L to 21.9L in engine size) on customer locations. Basic maintenance items include:
- Monthly oil change, spark plug change, oil and air filters, overhead valve adjustments, checking batteries, washing of radiators
- Basic repair and maintenance of the following engine and electrical system components:
- Engine fuel systems
- Cooling systems
- Air injection systems (turbos, manifolds, etc.)
- Generator control panel troubleshooting
- Generator ends: diagnose 480V electrical output, check diodes, replace/tune automatic voltage regulators
- Maintain a Safety-first culture that always ensures the protection and safety of Baseline employees and customers. This can include but is not limited to; attending customer safety meetings, auditing Field Service safety practices, frequently verifying that all work meets Baseline and customer standards, etc.
- Mobilization and demobilization of generators to and from well sites. Be present and perform all startup functions including tying in electrical cabling, fuel lines, and synchronizing if required
- Respond to call outs/alarms on a 24/7 basis while working or on call. Work may include night-time and weekend call outs
- Communicate professionally, efficiently, and frequently with customers (production foreman, pumpers, etc.) when issues arise
- Maintain sufficient parts inventory to meet planned and unplanned inventory needs
- Hookup and maintenance of natural gas, diesel, and propane fuel systems at well sites
- Honesty/integrity: does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Organization and planning: plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Flexibility/adaptability: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Ability to develop people:coaches people in their current roles to improve performance, and prepares them for future roles.
- Calm under pressure: maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- High standards: expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Openness to criticism and ideas: often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Communication: speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of communication, including email.
- Teamwork: reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Our mission is to deliver exceptional generator runtime for customers. Since 2012, Baseline has provided temporary electric power solutions to the oil and gas and mining industries. Our solutions reduce electric power costs, improve the uptime of critical equipment, and decarbonize customer operations by utilizing raw and refined natural gas fuels to generate electric power on-site. Our top priority is delivering exceptional customer experiences through world-class service and support throughout the life of a project. The success we share with our customers is made possible by deploying the most dependable equipment, implementing advanced technology-enabled solutions, and through the efforts of experienced power professionals that thrive in a culture of safe work practices and continuous improvement.
Become a technical subject matter expert on all company equipment, operations, and HSE programs in order to train new and existing employees. First ninety days of employment will be spent traveling across Baseline’s multiple regions of operation learning equipment and operational needs.
Baseline Energy Services
EngineeringView all jobs at Baseline Energy Services
Get fresh Field Service Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.