Architectural Sales Rep
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $65,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Architectural Sales Rep. - Req. ID 9771
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the guidance of the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for representing Basalite Concrete Products, its products, and, in general terms, the concrete masonry industry to Architects, Engineers, Specification Writers, General Contractors, as well as Building Owners and other influencers. Knowledge of the design, construction, and development community is required as well as the current project delivery methods; and is responsible for supporting and demonstrating the Core Values of Integrity, Safety, Respect, Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation and Financial Success. Performs other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reach, inform (Educate), Equip (Design tools), and Support design professionals with technical, detail, and specification information. Assist with the goal of obtaining project specification of our concrete masonry and clay brick product line.
- Educate on use and application of our product line through various methods including, luncheon seminars, face to face visits, trade shows, conferences and various industry related networking events.
- Using our CRM platform, report, track, monitor, update and disseminate project specification information for marketing purposes, future sales and lead tracking.
- Discern market trends and recognize code/technical activity related to company products. Keep management informed of any significant occurrence that may affect and impact the company.
- Participate and network in Architectural, Engineering and Specification Associations including but not limited to CSI, AIA, SEOCC, NAOIP, etc.
- Maintain an adequate sample inventory and coordinate with production for additional materials.
- Work with 3rd party suppliers on brick promotion, sales, and logistic support.
- Abide by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies and ensure that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time by the company or designated representatives.
- Regular attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or comparable training.
- Highly computer literate, including a high degree of understanding of professional best practices with respect to email, social media, and document generation and management (MSWord, Adobe PDF, Excel, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Familiar with or able to quickly learn CRM.
- Experience with BIM imagery, Masonry IQ a plus.
- A great communicator who can “tell stories” that inspire and inform, rather than just convey product data, especially during lunch & learn sessions;
- Very organized with record-keeping and excellent time management;
- Highly responsive to customer needs;
- Mobile savvy and comfortable with regular local travel;
- A networker and a connector that can understand each of the various allied professionals involved in the building industry and know how to tailor information and even communication style, to each group, (creative architects, technical architects, engineers, general contractors, trade contractors, owners, public agencies, etc.).
- Familiar with architectural design, engineering, or construction process, particularly with respect to overall project design (aesthetics, energy design, preliminary and project cost management;
- Familiar with the various stages of design, through construction.
- A team player that sees success as an effort by many, together, and enjoys helping and inspiring other teammates to achieve their best, in the positions and roles in which they serve.
- Must have current Washington driver’s license, good driving record and an automobile with proof of auto insurance.
- Regular attendance is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, reaching with hands and arms.
- Lifting up-to 25 pounds.
- Local territory, up to 75% weekly travel time in territory required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Office environment with moderate noise.
- Plant environment with loud noise, moving machinery, dusty, dirty.
- Outdoor weather conditions.
- Extreme temperatures.
- Wear mandatory and/or other appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
This is a regular, full-time position with competitive compensation and full benefits including medical/dental insurance, disability benefits, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing retirement plan, and wellness programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and promote a drug free workplace
Basalite Concrete ProductsWhy Work Here?
Do you want to be part of a company that is the technological leader in North America in producing concrete masonry products?
Basalite Building Products, LLC is one of the largest manufacturers of concrete masonry products in the Western United States and Canada. Product lines include structural block, interlocking paving stones, engineered wall systems, retaining walls, ornamental and garden products, and a full range of sack goods. We are a proud member of the Pacific Coast Building Products Family of Companies.